Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 45,561 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

On nc5 now. Signal strength is much worse. Would flashing nab modem fix or break phon

Tip us?

doubledragon5
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyzcal View Post
Nc5 engineering boot loader did the trick, text messaging is nice and fast again and calls go through, thanks Micmars! (Running kitkatkiller v4 on stock nc5 kernel if that helps anyone)

So sprint is planning on throttling people now?.. That might force me to consider switching carriers if they decide to kill the only good thing they have going for them which of course is unlimited Unthrottled data..

I'm probably one of the data hogs ( Wifi hotshot is my only source of Internet. Why buy FiOS when I get 3mb/s downloads and only 70 ping when gaming on sprints network?? ) but I honestly refuse believe my usage is ruining the network experience for others. My wife streams Netflix all day over her hotshot and it doesn't effect me or other friends running off the same tower.
What is this NC5 engineering boot loader you speak of? I'm on Stock NC5 haven't rooted yet. I have all kinds of connection issues that you have complained about.. I want to give it a try, once I root my phone. What is the process of installing this boot loader once I'm rooted?

Phyzcal
Old
(Last edited by Phyzcal; 15th May 2014 at 01:22 PM.) Reason: swypos
Thanks Meter 0
Link for engineering bootloader: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2714968

After I flashed the bootloader via Odin I cleared my cache and dalvik to force android to rebuild and fixed permissions in twrp for good measure.

Update your prl after and let it settle. Hope this helps.

doubledragon5
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Thanks will give this a try on my next day off.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

GamerOnOne
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Worked for me also.