Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 53,694 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] [Q] How to root with 4.4.2 update? Plz Help.

Tip us?

LotsaBS
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I can verify that the method in post #2 above did work. However, after reboot, SuperSU sent a message that it had stopped. I checked and it was installed. So I went and updated SuperSU to the latest version (v1.94) via the market. I then went to SuperSU settings and installed it into the system. I now had root access and SuperSU was running properly. I then installed NextApp SDFix from the market and enabled writing to the external sd card. All is good now, her phone has root access and her apps can now write to the external SD Card. Thanks to all for your help.
The Following User Says Thank You to LotsaBS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

appzattak
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Info 2 Not working

I can confirm that the link in post #2 does not work. I just got a replacement phone this morning and it already had 4.4.2 (ND8) and this method does not work at all. I tried with a different version of ODIN and still nothing.
--==PEBKAC==--

JCJ77
Old
Thanks Meter 141
QBKing77 mentioned in His recent rooting the 4.3 video that if that method won't work on 4.4+, he would update the video. I haven't seen anything. Anyone else?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Device: LG G3, Metallic Black (Sprint)
ROM: Stock (Waiting for root)
Kernel: Stock (Waiting for root)
Recovery: Stock (Waiting for root)
GMail/GTalk: showthyselfapproved7@gmail.com