Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,386 Members 52,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi function fail (turning off involuntarily)

Tip us?

natefish
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
Default Wifi function fail (turning off involuntarily)

Anyone else having issues with the wifi turning off on its own? Got my S5 yesterday on AT&T. There have been a few times that the wifi will turn off and it can't be turned back on unless I restart.

I've experienced this with wifi settings as is out-of-the-box and when I changed the option to only have it on during sleep while plugged in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

leoaudio13
Old
Thanks Meter 185

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by natefish View Post
Anyone else having issues with the wifi turning off on its own? Got my S5 yesterday on AT&T. There have been a few times that the wifi will turn off and it can't be turned back on unless I restart.

I've experienced this with wifi settings as is out-of-the-box and when I changed the option to only have it on during sleep while plugged in.

Hmmm...i had none of the problem above. Maybe u should contact Att for an exchange. Must be something wrong with wifi module. Have u also tried to FS ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ambledown
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wi Fi involuntarily turning off and cannot turn on without rebooting

I'm having the same problem. S5 goes to sleep when waking the wifi is switched off and I cannot turn it on in settings. I have to reboot

gareth261987
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by natefish View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambledown View Post
I'm having the same problem. S5 goes to sleep when waking the wifi is switched off and I cannot turn it on in settings. I have to reboot
Try this, go into settings, press wifi, then press the button consisting of 3 dots in the top right corner and then press advanced. where the settings state "keep wifi on during sleep", make sure it is set to always.

also check the wifi timer is not on either.

Let me know how you guys get on

Ambledown
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Wi Fi involuntarily turning off and cannot turn on without rebooting

Thanks Natefish, you were right it's worked, no problem now, thanks again

lcmazza
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambledown View Post
Thanks Natefish, you were right it's worked, no problem now, thanks again
Yes, that's the problem. It is fixed by not using the feature... Great, isn't it?