Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] use tablet screen for multi purpose use?

OP beefsmith

9th May 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
OK yes its been asked before but I can't find any threads about this topic that don't date back to 2011. Let's say I'm feeling nostalgic and want to use my tablet as a screen for let's say a GameCube? Is there a way? No it doesn't have to be wireless, USB dongles will due, but is there some type of app for this scenario?
11th May 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #2  
Flag Vlaardingen
Thanks Meter: 302

1,047 posts
More
Not that I know. But there are emulators. So maybe there is a gamecube emulator.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
12th May 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

43 posts
You could hook that up to a PC and use something like teamviewer online on your tablet. So you are controlling your PC which plays the game all from your tablet.
18th May 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefsmith

OK yes its been asked before but I can't find any threads about this topic that don't date back to 2011. Let's say I'm feeling nostalgic and want to use my tablet as a screen for let's say a GameCube? Is there a way? No it doesn't have to be wireless, USB dongles will due, but is there some type of app for this scenario?

Using an emulator and a remote screen solution would be absolutely horrendous for this purpose... latency issues everywhere (screen lag, ghosting, lack of sync between input and graphics...).

You will need an upscaler for this. Something that either takes component video input or composite and then outputs to HDMI.

Unfortunately the Nexus 10 port is output only. There are HDMI capable DIY panels you may want to check (Adafruit carries some... Alibaba might be a cheaper alternative). Other than that, there's no way.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread