[Q] wifi wont turn on

18th May 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
hi guys, been having problems with my wifi not turning for a couple of days. when i hit the button in the notification bar it turns a dim green, then turns back off. i have tried restarting, taking battery out, i rooted my phone and changed the name of wpa supplicant in data/misc/wifi. i even installed cyanogenmod and nothing has seemed to work. the most common fix appears to be removing the battery but its not doing anything for me and i dont really have any ideas as to what i could do. any ideas or links for a solution would be greatly appreciated
18th May 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #2  
Flag Paterson
Thanks Meter: 23

146 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjsmith93

hi guys, been having problems with my wifi not turning for a couple of days. when i hit the button in the notification bar it turns a dim green, then turns back off. i have tried restarting, taking battery out, i rooted my phone and changed the name of wpa supplicant in data/misc/wifi. i even installed cyanogenmod and nothing has seemed to work. the most common fix appears to be removing the battery but its not doing anything for me and i dont really have any ideas as to what i could do. any ideas or links for a solution would be greatly appreciated

If flashing a new ROM doesn't work, then something serious is up. Try flashing stock firmware and I'm guessing if that doesn't work it could be a hardware problem

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app
18th May 2014, 02:47 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
okay i will try that, i was on unrooted stock android when i started having this problem but maybe going back will fix it. i recently got the phone from bestbuy as a geek squad replacement so could it just be a bad phone? wifi worked at first but maybe something came loose inside
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread