Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,238 Members 49,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] wifi wont turn on

Tip us?

bjsmith93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] wifi wont turn on

hi guys, been having problems with my wifi not turning for a couple of days. when i hit the button in the notification bar it turns a dim green, then turns back off. i have tried restarting, taking battery out, i rooted my phone and changed the name of wpa supplicant in data/misc/wifi. i even installed cyanogenmod and nothing has seemed to work. the most common fix appears to be removing the battery but its not doing anything for me and i dont really have any ideas as to what i could do. any ideas or links for a solution would be greatly appreciated

Aweshocked
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjsmith93 View Post
hi guys, been having problems with my wifi not turning for a couple of days. when i hit the button in the notification bar it turns a dim green, then turns back off. i have tried restarting, taking battery out, i rooted my phone and changed the name of wpa supplicant in data/misc/wifi. i even installed cyanogenmod and nothing has seemed to work. the most common fix appears to be removing the battery but its not doing anything for me and i dont really have any ideas as to what i could do. any ideas or links for a solution would be greatly appreciated
If flashing a new ROM doesn't work, then something serious is up. Try flashing stock firmware and I'm guessing if that doesn't work it could be a hardware problem

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app

bjsmith93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
okay i will try that, i was on unrooted stock android when i started having this problem but maybe going back will fix it. i recently got the phone from bestbuy as a geek squad replacement so could it just be a bad phone? wifi worked at first but maybe something came loose inside