Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,857 Members 45,213 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

i9295 faulty signal

Tip us?

liviu993
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default i9295 faulty signal

Hello everyone ,
I bought a samsumg galaxy i9295 second hand a month ago with no warranty and i have very bad signal almost all of the time even on 2g , but in very rare moments , like 2 times in a month the signal is how it should be ,but it reverse back to bad in some time , i disassembled the phone , it has no water damage or something , i tried to heat the motherboard with a hairdryer , i reflashed the phone rom and modem , repartition , but in vain.
The ussualy signal that i get is 85 dBm 14 ASU on 2g and 103 dBM 6 ASU on 3G , but in the moments when it get back to normal it have around 69 dBM 22 ASU on 2G and 77 dBm 18 asu on 3g , same as the other phones , but sadly that are very rare moments when i get this signal with this phone , and the phone is not usable in a place with middle or bad coverage , like in a elevator or in a country zone , it have even no emergency signal.
And another thing that i observed is that the wi-fi does not work if i have less than 3 lines at wi-fi signal , if i have less it no transmit data or is extremely slow, and the speed is decreasing drastically on 3 lines , only on 4 lines ( max ) it runs how it should.
What is the problem and how can i resolve it ? I think it has a faulty power amplifier IC , but i am not sure.

liviu993
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It seems that the problem was the motherboard , probably that power amplifier IC or another component . After I put the motherboard in kitchen oven for about 10 minutes coveret in aluminium foil without that part with power amplifier IC , and after that the phone get the best singnal that it ever had with this phone , now i get 69 dBm 22 ASU on 3g , before that i coudn't get this singnal neither on 2g , i hope this fix will last some time , and i'm upset that i wasn't tried this method earlier , now i wait for the kitkat update and this phone will be perfect to me.
So if anyone have problems with this phone or another one that looks like be from PCB i highly recomand this method , to pot the motherboard in a oven for 10 at 100 - 200 degree C maximum for arund 10 minutes covered in aluminium foil.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-18-04-42-39.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	2749723  
Tags
signal