Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 dead after storm

Search This thread

mrgoat

Apr 2, 2007
We had a strong lightening storm come through last week and my wife's tablet was charging during the storm. We obviously had either a direct lightning hit or power surge since our cable went out at the same time the tablet died.

The symptoms are as follows:

Initially the tablet turned on but hung on the splash screen.

Tried to reboot and nothing. Now, I get no charging symbol (charger is good, tried different cable too). And the tablet is totally non responsive. I'm familiar with recovery and inner workings but was wondering if there was anything else to try.

Can't get to recovery or download mode at all

CSP III

Jan 11, 2013
Detroit
We had a strong lightening storm come through last week and my wife's tablet was charging during the storm. We obviously had either a direct lightning hit or power surge since our cable went out at the same time the tablet died.

The symptoms are as follows:

Initially the tablet turned on but hung on the splash screen.

Tried to reboot and nothing. Now, I get no charging symbol (charger is good, tried different cable too). And the tablet is totally non responsive. I'm familiar with recovery and inner workings but was wondering if there was anything else to try.

Can't get to recovery or download mode at all

Not that it matters, just curious as all as I believe its a dead duck. My question is...was the tab by any chance plugged into any sort of surge protector. If you had a direct hit, I'd think you would of had more damage then just your tab and cable going out. That kind of surge would have blown out quite a few things that are not usually protected by surge protectors. Good luck to you, but it sounds dead to me. Is the cable back on or fixed???

mrgoat

Apr 2, 2007
Cable is still out. Tech came today and confirmed it was main trunk line blown out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk