No registration required

Good for Enterprise and Stock ROM

OP indy1979

18th May 2014, 03:10 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Hello all,

So a little back story. I originally had CM10 on my device and was getting a little bored with it, so I decided to try and find a 4.4 ROM. Long story short, I got impatient, mucked up a flash and am now stuck with OTA 4.3 and knox.

So while I was on CM10 I had Good for Enterprise running flawlessly for months. Now, on OTA, I have just activated GFE and a day later the dreaded Your data plan isn't compatible nonsense. I'm not paying $15 for corporate data.

What I'm wondering tho, is how come the custom ROM didn't get flagged by VZW? Does the provider ROM phone home? Any way to bypass it?
18th May 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #2  
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 557

960 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy1979

Hello all,

So a little back story. I originally had CM10 on my device and was getting a little bored with it, so I decided to try and find a 4.4 ROM. Long story short, I got impatient, mucked up a flash and am now stuck with OTA 4.3 and knox.

So while I was on CM10 I had Good for Enterprise running flawlessly for months. Now, on OTA, I have just activated GFE and a day later the dreaded Your data plan isn't compatible nonsense. I'm not paying $15 for corporate data.

What I'm wondering tho, is how come the custom ROM didn't get flagged by VZW? Does the provider ROM phone home? Any way to bypass it?

I took a quick look at the app comments and it seems people are blaming Knox. Fully disable knox and try again.
18th May 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePagel

I took a quick look at the app comments and it seems people are blaming Knox. Fully disable knox and try again.

Yeah, I disabled Knox before installing GFE. I was reading on a couple of other forums about the VZW droids essentially phone home to a NOC similar to Blackberries and thats how VZW is able to block GFE connections and force people to upgrade to corporate data plans.
The Following User Says Thank You to indy1979 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread