Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,276 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Good for Enterprise and Stock ROM

Tip us?

indy1979
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Good for Enterprise and Stock ROM

Hello all,

So a little back story. I originally had CM10 on my device and was getting a little bored with it, so I decided to try and find a 4.4 ROM. Long story short, I got impatient, mucked up a flash and am now stuck with OTA 4.3 and knox.

So while I was on CM10 I had Good for Enterprise running flawlessly for months. Now, on OTA, I have just activated GFE and a day later the dreaded Your data plan isn't compatible nonsense. I'm not paying $15 for corporate data.

What I'm wondering tho, is how come the custom ROM didn't get flagged by VZW? Does the provider ROM phone home? Any way to bypass it?

ThePagel
Old
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy1979 View Post
Hello all,

So a little back story. I originally had CM10 on my device and was getting a little bored with it, so I decided to try and find a 4.4 ROM. Long story short, I got impatient, mucked up a flash and am now stuck with OTA 4.3 and knox.

So while I was on CM10 I had Good for Enterprise running flawlessly for months. Now, on OTA, I have just activated GFE and a day later the dreaded Your data plan isn't compatible nonsense. I'm not paying $15 for corporate data.

What I'm wondering tho, is how come the custom ROM didn't get flagged by VZW? Does the provider ROM phone home? Any way to bypass it?
I took a quick look at the app comments and it seems people are blaming Knox. Fully disable knox and try again.
ADB Only (Windows)
ADB Only (Linux) <-- Plus instructions

indy1979
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePagel View Post
I took a quick look at the app comments and it seems people are blaming Knox. Fully disable knox and try again.
Yeah, I disabled Knox before installing GFE. I was reading on a couple of other forums about the VZW droids essentially phone home to a NOC similar to Blackberries and thats how VZW is able to block GFE connections and force people to upgrade to corporate data plans.
The Following User Says Thank You to indy1979 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]