Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] MP 809t

OP knusto

18th May 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Natal
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
Donate to Me
More
I bought a MP 809t Smartphone. Are there any CWM and ROM for this phone? It runs android 4.3.0 from fabric, maybe AOSP, In "about phone" update is not listed.

18th September 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #2  

6 posts
Android 4.4.2
I have stock Android 4.4.2 KitKat
1st October 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #3  

36 posts
4.4.2 ROM
Can you please upload the ROM, so that we shall benefit. I have a problem. I bought MP809T in Abu Dhabi, UAE. There it used to recognize the SIM and was working. But now I am in India and no SIM working. I am not sure whether the current ROM 4.3 does not support this region or so. Please help.

Also if someone can guide on how to install this stock ROM 4.4.2, it would be of gr8 help.

Thanks,
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by reshi5531

I have stock Android 4.4.2 KitKat

1st October 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #4  

6 posts
Installing ROM MP809T
Quote:
Originally Posted by spljoe

Can you please upload the ROM, so that we shall benefit. I have a problem. I bought MP809T in Abu Dhabi, UAE. There it used to recognize the SIM and was working. But now I am in India and no SIM working. I am not sure whether the current ROM 4.3 does not support this region or so. Please help.

Also if someone can guide on how to install this stock ROM 4.4.2, it would be of gr8 help.

Thanks,
Joe

Hello spljoe,

I will write you how to install ROM to your phone. First download links to ROMs:
1. Stock pre-rooted ROM Android 4.3.0 - needrom.com/download/official-factory-rooted-rom-android-4-3-0-mtk6582-for-mpai-809t/
2. Stock non rooted ROM Android 4.4.2 - needrom.com/download/official-factory-rom-android-4-4-2-kitkat-mtk6582-for-mpai-809t/
I prefer personally 4.3.0 because is pre-rooted and rooted apps works perfectly!
Now you need to download this files: mediafire.com/folder/w0dh4b4h854mqq6,e22d2b5foep12ty,em36kke7pwkwphf/shared
1. Install PDA drivers from file;
2. Now open MP809T mobile phone flash steps Android 4.4.2.doc and follow instructions;
First you have to know that there is 2 different LCD screens for MPai 809T. You have to choose witch driver to install for your LCD. For 4.3.0 ROM you have only 1 option for LCD! If after flashing you start the phone, but can not see the logo, that's means wrong LCD driver.

If you need more help you can ask. If you are success with flashing you can buy me a beer - PayPal - dani4017@gmail.com
The Following User Says Thank You to reshi5531 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd October 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #5  

36 posts
Question LCD Version Checking?
Hi Dani,

Thanks for prompt response. It seems u r having Quad-Core phone (MTK6582), but mine is 6592 chipset, octacore one. Anyways, thanks a lot for sharing. I got the links for 6592 from needrom; BUT having the doubt about LCD version...how to check the LCD version before flashing any ROM?

If you can clarify, it will be gr8.

Thanks,
Joe

Quote:

Hello spljoe,

I will write you how to install ROM to your phone. First download links to ROMs:
1. Stock pre-rooted ROM Android 4.3.0 - needrom.com/download/official-factory-rooted-rom-android-4-3-0-mtk6582-for-mpai-809t/
2. Stock non rooted ROM Android 4.4.2 - needrom.com/download/official-factory-rom-android-4-4-2-kitkat-mtk6582-for-mpai-809t/
I prefer personally 4.3.0 because is pre-rooted and rooted apps works perfectly!
Now you need to download this files: mediafire.com/folder/w0dh4b4h854mqq6,e22d2b5foep12ty,em36kke7pwkwphf/shared
2. Now open MP809T mobile phone flash steps Android 4.4.2.doc and follow instructions;
First you have to know that there is 2 different LCD screens for MPai 809T. You have to choose witch driver to install for your LCD. For 4.3.0 ROM you have only 1 option for LCD! If after flashing you start the phone, but can not see the logo, that's means wrong LCD driver.

If you need more help you can ask. If you are success with flashing you can buy me a beer - PayPal - dani4017@gmail.com

3rd October 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #6  

36 posts
Question For Mtk 6592 - OctaCore
Dear Dani,

Thanks for uploading all these files. It looks like u r using Quad Core 6582 chipset phone 809T. But I am having MTK6592 Octa-Core Phone. If you can, please assist me installing this 4.4.2 firmware. My phone is not detecting India network providers. I set the phone region to UAE and it was working when I was in Abu Dhabi, UAE. But now I am in India and I want to reinstall the ROM and check. My phone is just a electronic gadget now, without phone funtionality. Please help.

I am following this link below and I am getting an error message unable to continue with flashing. Anybody please help.
Click image for larger version

Name:	PMT Changed Error during Flashing.png
Views:	34
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	2958354

Click image for larger version

Name:	without recovery checked.png
Views:	28
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	2958355
http://www.needrom.com/download/offi...-809t-mtk6592/

Thanks,
Joe

Quote:

Hello spljoe,

3rd October 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #7  

6 posts
Solution
Just download software from link that I give you from mediafire.com. There is a different flash software that can choose lcd version I can flash. Guide is also included.
3rd October 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #8  

36 posts
Question MTK6592 Chipset, Oct-core 809T
Quote:

Just download software from link that I give you from mediafire.com. There is a different flash software that can choose lcd version I can flash. Guide is also included.

But my chipset is MTK6592 not what is mentioned in the document. I doubt it will work for me. I am confused and don't know how to proceed.

Please confirm this will work for MTK6592 chipset as well. Because mine is Octa-core phone.

I am just looking for step-by-step procedure to follow.

Thanks,
Joe
3rd October 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #9  

6 posts
Answer
You can download ROM for MTK 6592 octacore where you find from needrom. After that you can follow the steps in my Guide from mediafire. Just use other ROM for MTK 6592 octacore.
4th October 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #10  

36 posts
Question
Quote:

You can download ROM for MTK 6592 octacore where you find from needrom. After that you can follow the steps in my Guide from mediafire. Just use other ROM for MTK 6592 octacore.

Dear Dani,

I was able to upgrade the firmware from 4.3 to 4.4.2 by following your instructions. I installed from needrom download. But It's not complete format and reinstall. Upgrade didn't give me option to select/re-select the region to India. My India SIM cards are still not working. Can you please help me to format the phone completely and reinstall the 4.4.2 ROM ??? I have taken NVRAM backup using custom recovery.

If you can provide step-by-step procedure for that, it will be of gr8 help to me.

Thanks for the guide you have provided.

Thanks,
Joe

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread