Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,540 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Questions for Note 3 Owners

Tip us?

nviz22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [Q] Questions for Note 3 Owners

When you guys were on the Note 2 before updating to the Note 3 (or any Galaxy device), how long did it take for the update(s) to come out where you would get the UI from the Galaxy S device? For example, the phone, web browser, texting UI, etc updated for the Note 2 and it looks similar to the S4. Like I understand it's hard to explain, but I was wondering when will our Note 3's look like the S5's TW ui?

darkshaft
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by nviz22 View Post
When you guys were on the Note 2 before updating to the Note 3 (or any Galaxy device), how long did it take for the update(s) to come out where you would get the UI from the Galaxy S device? For example, the phone, web browser, texting UI, etc updated for the Note 2 and it looks similar to the S4. Like I understand it's hard to explain, but I was wondering when will our Note 3's look like the S5's TW ui?
As far as I know there are already two roms with S5 features, you will find them in android development section.
Dr.E

Hit thanks if I helped

nviz22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshaft View Post
As far as I know there are already two roms with S5 features, you will find them in android development section.
I would like to avoid rooting. My bootloader is locked as well.

nicholaschum
Old
Thanks Meter 1352

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nviz22 View Post
I would like to avoid rooting. My bootloader is locked as well.
Unlucky for your bootloader.

Usually it happens when the next iteration of your current device is released, 3 - 4 months later a major update would be released.

However with 4.4.3 looming near, Samsung may decide to think about the possibility of an image of the Note 3 having flat skins.

Yes, that is how you should think about Samsung's speed of updating ^^
Problem with ROMs? Try this. Still no? Ask me on Google+!
Root/TWRP/Kernel/ROM/Downgradable and KNOX 0x0 on N900W8? My guide.

Phone: Note 3 - Rogers SM-N900W8
C-RoM v7.1, Temasek v3.76, TWRP 2.7.1, NA2 BL, NB7 Modem, KNOX 0x0

Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012)
PA 4.2 Beta 2, TWRP 2.7, Multiboot - UbTouch, Ub13.10, PA, CM11

Note 3 ◆ Xperia Tab P ◆ Nexus 7 ◆ Note II LTE ◆ S III LTE ◆ One X ◆ Note I ◆ Galaxy Nexus ◆ S II LTE ◆ S II

nviz22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholaschum View Post
Unlucky for your bootloader.

Usually it happens when the next iteration of your current device is released, 3 - 4 months later a major update would be released.

However with 4.4.3 looming near, Samsung may decide to think about the possibility of an image of the Note 3 having flat skins.

Yes, that is how you should think about Samsung's speed of updating ^^
I have AT&T in the US, so our updates are slower than other companies because of the bloating. I just want that LTE/Wifi mix booster software, UI updates, new camera editing features, and Ultra Power Saving Mode. Most of those are S5 features, but I am willing to wait. I also want a bug fix for the battery drain bug from 4.4.2. AT&T kaboshed our GPS and took many months to fix the phone. I could've gotten another phone from them, but I chose not to since I like the Note 3 a lot.