Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,400 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best stable 4.4 ROM for Xperia S Regular use

Tip us?

logicaldeveloper@live.com
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [Q] Best stable 4.4 ROM for Xperia S Regular use

I've been using PAC Man 4.2.2 rom and then switched to CM10.1 4.3 ROM.
Am a regular and heavy phone user .. I was away from these forums for sometime and now i need to know the best 4.4 ROM which i can use. I know HDMI & FM will not work but atleast rest all key features should work. Kindly suggest.
XPERIA S | JellySlim Fullpower HSD 4
The Following User Says Thank You to logicaldeveloper@live.com For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mirhawk
Old
Thanks Meter 109
You can go for v5 of Carbon ROM. It is smooth and very suitable for daily use. Note, I'm saying v5 as v6 has many bugs. Or if You can wait, The Developer is soon going to release next version which will sort out bugs of v6.
Pressing the is appreciated!
Kitkat - Carbon ROM - abcdjdj
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mirhawk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirhawk View Post
You can go for v5 of Carbon ROM. It is smooth and very suitable for daily use. Note, I'm saying v5 as v6 has many bugs. Or if You can wait, The Developer is soon going to release next version which will sort out bugs of v6.
I was waiting for next release as you said and now they released 2, which one should I pick 7 or 8

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app

crashoverride2786
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Carbon Rom!

Carbon Rom is very good! Still WIP but stable enough for daily use!

Mirhawk
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicaldeveloper@live.com View Post
I was waiting for next release as you said and now they released 2, which one should I pick 7 or 8

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app
Both are having some issues currently. v7 has random boots and some ui freezes. v8 is very smooth but has problems with video players, none of them (mx player, vlc,etc ) work. Although the default video player works fine. And there is a constant call waiting sound while being on call even though there is no call waiting. The Developer has the solution for the false call waiting sound issue and will fix it soon.
Pressing the is appreciated!
Kitkat - Carbon ROM - abcdjdj
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirhawk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirhawk View Post
Both are having some issues currently. v7 has random boots and some ui freezes. v8 is very smooth but has problems with video players, none of them (mx player, vlc,etc ) work. Although the default video player works fine. And there is a constant call waiting sound while being on call even though there is no call waiting. The Developer has the solution for the false call waiting sound issue and will fix it soon.
Thanks for the update mirhawk will wait. Jus waiting for one stable version to taste the kit kat flavour.

mpulock
Old
(Last edited by mpulock; 12th May 2014 at 08:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
I personally love Carbon ROM. But, as the v8 has the bugs, i am looking forward to next version. If it can get rid of the bugs, It'll be golden. Right now I am using PureSlim-KitKat R1(4.4.2). You can flash it. I haven't seen any bugs yet. Nice and Smooth. Best for daily use. You can play some games too!

If you love kitkat on your XS like me, I'll say, try it once.
You Have Your Xperia S Charged, Right?

The Following User Says Thank You to mpulock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpulock View Post
I personally love Carbon ROM. But, as the v8 has the bugs, i am looking forward to next version. If it can get rid of the bugs, It'll be golden. Right now I am using PureSlim-KitKat R1(4.4.2). You can flash it. I haven't seen any bugs yet. Nice and Smooth. Best for daily use. You can play some games too!

If you love kitkat on your XS like me, I'll say, try it once.
Sure, Gonna try that now..