Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Best stable 4.4 ROM for Xperia S Regular use

OP logicaldeveloper@live.com

26th April 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #1  
logicaldeveloper@live.com's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 24
 
136 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
I've been using PAC Man 4.2.2 rom and then switched to CM10.1 4.3 ROM.
Am a regular and heavy phone user .. I was away from these forums for sometime and now i need to know the best 4.4 ROM which i can use. I know HDMI & FM will not work but atleast rest all key features should work. Kindly suggest.
The Following User Says Thank You to logicaldeveloper@live.com For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #2  
Mirhawk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 210
 
549 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
You can go for v5 of Carbon ROM. It is smooth and very suitable for daily use. Note, I'm saying v5 as v6 has many bugs. Or if You can wait, The Developer is soon going to release next version which will sort out bugs of v6.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mirhawk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #3  
logicaldeveloper@live.com's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 24
 
136 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirhawk

You can go for v5 of Carbon ROM. It is smooth and very suitable for daily use. Note, I'm saying v5 as v6 has many bugs. Or if You can wait, The Developer is soon going to release next version which will sort out bugs of v6.

I was waiting for next release as you said and now they released 2, which one should I pick 7 or 8

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app
8th May 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #4  
crashoverride2786's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 8
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Carbon Rom!
Carbon Rom is very good! Still WIP but stable enough for daily use!
9th May 2014, 07:18 AM   |  #5  
Mirhawk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 210
 
549 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicaldeveloper@live.com

I was waiting for next release as you said and now they released 2, which one should I pick 7 or 8

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app

Both are having some issues currently. v7 has random boots and some ui freezes. v8 is very smooth but has problems with video players, none of them (mx player, vlc,etc ) work. Although the default video player works fine. And there is a constant call waiting sound while being on call even though there is no call waiting. The Developer has the solution for the false call waiting sound issue and will fix it soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mirhawk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th May 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #6  
logicaldeveloper@live.com's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 24
 
136 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirhawk

Both are having some issues currently. v7 has random boots and some ui freezes. v8 is very smooth but has problems with video players, none of them (mx player, vlc,etc ) work. Although the default video player works fine. And there is a constant call waiting sound while being on call even though there is no call waiting. The Developer has the solution for the false call waiting sound issue and will fix it soon.

Thanks for the update mirhawk will wait. Jus waiting for one stable version to taste the kit kat flavour.
12th May 2014, 09:32 AM   |  #7  
mpulock's Avatar
Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 14
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Thumbs up
I personally love Carbon ROM. But, as the v8 has the bugs, i am looking forward to next version. If it can get rid of the bugs, It'll be golden. Right now I am using PureSlim-KitKat R1(4.4.2). You can flash it. I haven't seen any bugs yet. Nice and Smooth. Best for daily use. You can play some games too!

If you love kitkat on your XS like me, I'll say, try it once.
Last edited by mpulock; 12th May 2014 at 09:35 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mpulock For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #8  
logicaldeveloper@live.com's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 24
 
136 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpulock

I personally love Carbon ROM. But, as the v8 has the bugs, i am looking forward to next version. If it can get rid of the bugs, It'll be golden. Right now I am using PureSlim-KitKat R1(4.4.2). You can flash it. I haven't seen any bugs yet. Nice and Smooth. Best for daily use. You can play some games too!

If you love kitkat on your XS like me, I'll say, try it once.

Sure, Gonna try that now..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes