Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,213 Members 39,828 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] help with attaining kit kat

Tip us?

pmccarthy7745
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] help with attaining kit kat

i recently used rsd to flash back to stock after a failed rooting/unlocking attempt. i believe the flash was successful, and the phone seems to be preforming just fine. the problem comes up when i try to check for the kit kat update. the phone says that it needs me to set up a motorola account. when i press setup it says connecting to servers please wait. i dont believe it will ever actually connect to the server though since ive waited upwards of ten minutes with no results. if there is anything to fix this? any help would be greatly appreciated, and my apologies in advance if this is a stupid question. im currently on 9.30.1.xt926.verizon.en.us

yujikaido79
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I left my experience getting to kitkat with my post here helping someone. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...64&postcount=5

Since you already have 9.30.1 firmware, you skip to the KIt ota zip download and follow the directions from the post I left if you want to sideload the OTA. Otherwise it should notify you of an update. I got a update notification but already had the OTA on my sd card so went ahead and did that way instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmccarthy7745 View Post
i recently used rsd to flash back to stock after a failed rooting/unlocking attempt. i believe the flash was successful, and the phone seems to be preforming just fine. the problem comes up when i try to check for the kit kat update. the phone says that it needs me to set up a motorola account. when i press setup it says connecting to servers please wait. i dont believe it will ever actually connect to the server though since ive waited upwards of ten minutes with no results. if there is anything to fix this? any help would be greatly appreciated, and my apologies in advance if this is a stupid question. im currently on 9.30.1.xt926.verizon.en.us
Motorola Razr Maxx Hd Unlocked running Xposed 4.4.2 OTA
Motorola Atrix Lapdock (Using it as an HDMI monitor and laptop with kitkat OTA)

pmccarthy7745
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
UOTE=yujikaido79;52720878]I left my experience getting to kitkat with my post here helping someone. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...64&postcount=5

Since you already have 9.30.1 firmware, you skip to the KIt ota zip download and follow the directions from the post I left if you want to sideload the OTA. Otherwise it should notify you of an update. I got a update notification but already had the OTA on my sd card so went ahead and did that way instead.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I think I'm just gonna wait until the update is sent to my phone, I'm a little gun shy after my last experience flashing anything