FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] Can't upgrade my Xperia Mini Pro to 4.1.2

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Dorian995, Junior Member on 5th May 2014, 12:18 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello.
I installed HASA V5 2.3.7 GB rom on my Xperia Mini Pro SK17i and now I can't ugrade it to 4.1.2 over Sony PC Companion because it says that my phone is up to date.
My phone is rooted.
Can anyone help me?
Thank you in advance
Last edited by Dorian995; 5th May 2014 at 12:23 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention something
 
 
5th May 2014, 02:32 AM |#2  
Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian995

Hello.
I installed HASA V5 2.3.7 GB rom on my Xperia Mini Pro SK17i and now I can't ugrade it to 4.1.2 over Sony PC Companion because it says that my phone is up to date.
My phone is rooted.
Can anyone help me?
Thank you in advance

XMP SK17i will not receive official 4.1.2 JB update. Latest update available is 4.0.4 ICS version only. IF you prefer cyanogen based 4.1.2 rom, use Super jelly bean 8 rom. Its fantastic...
May be your rom is unlocked & so not even detected ICS update. Instead use FLASHTOOL application, download your prefered stock ICS or GB .ftf file & flash it.
5th May 2014, 09:34 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Joy Das

XMP SK17i will not receive official 4.1.2 JB update. Latest update available is 4.0.4 ICS version only. IF you prefer cyanogen based 4.1.2 rom, use Super jelly bean 8 rom. Its fantastic...
May be your rom is unlocked & so not even detected ICS update. Instead use FLASHTOOL application, download your prefered stock ICS or GB .ftf file & flash it.

I meant 4.0.4 not 4.1.2
I hate cyanogen based roms and 4.1.2 will make my phone laggy as hell xD
PC Companion hasn't detected any updates...
Can it be because my bootloader is unlocked ?
Thanks
5th May 2014, 02:04 PM |#4  
Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian995

I meant 4.0.4 not 4.1.2
I hate cyanogen based roms and 4.1.2 will make my phone laggy as hell xD
PC Companion hasn't detected any updates...
Can it be because my bootloader is unlocked ?
Thanks

BOOTLOADER UNLOCKED will be the cause.
Download Flashtool from here: http://www.flashtool.net/download.php
Download 4.0.4 ftf file from here: http://www.flashtool.net/firmwares.php
Then flash it manually. No need for sony erricson pc suite

But for information Cm10(4.1.2) is much faster than android. Now it supports 720p recording also
The only drawback is no bravia engine 2 support.
8th May 2014, 05:01 AM |#5  
bejunk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 1,796
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian995

I hate cyanogen based roms and 4.1.2 will make my phone laggy as hell xD...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Joy Das

But for information Cm10(4.1.2) is much faster than android. Now it supports 720p recording also
The only drawback is no bravia engine 2 support.

a) cm (cyanogenmod) is android. sony rom too. cm is just the same as nexus fw with some additional features.
b) cm allways supported 720p recording. its just disabled (but if you xperienced enough you can enable it yourself if you build from source ) bcuz of 2 things: its laggy due to sony dont support us with drivers over ICS, also they never released source so we could do it ourselves . 2) disabling it results in 22mb more ram.
c) you can use even bravia engine 3 or x-reality (look in arc thread for it) on cm. there many users say it works for them. for me even on stock ics those stuff is only bloatware & i cant see any diffrence even when i compare phone to phone... (i done it with friend)
d) @Dorian995 i will see your face as you maybe find out some day how much more power you get delivered from a 4.2.2 JB (cm10.1) (or even up to 4.4 KK) ROM compared to stock. it will blast you away.
18th May 2014, 12:06 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejunk

a) cm (cyanogenmod) is android. sony rom too. cm is just the same as nexus fw with some additional features.
b) cm allways supported 720p recording. its just disabled (but if you xperienced enough you can enable it yourself if you build from source ) bcuz of 2 things: its laggy due to sony dont support us with drivers over ICS, also they never released source so we could do it ourselves . 2) disabling it results in 22mb more ram.
c) you can use even bravia engine 3 or x-reality (look in arc thread for it) on cm. there many users say it works for them. for me even on stock ics those stuff is only bloatware & i cant see any diffrence even when i compare phone to phone... (i done it with friend)
d) @Dorian995 i will see your face as you maybe find out some day how much more power you get delivered from a 4.2.2 JB (cm10.1) (or even up to 4.4 KK) ROM compared to stock. it will blast you away.

What ROM and Kernel should I put on my phone to get the best performance/battery life ???
Thanks in advance
18th May 2014, 06:02 AM |#7  
mihahn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,238
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian995

What ROM and Kernel should I put on my phone to get the best performance/battery life ???
Thanks in advance

It's not permitted to ask for the best rom/kernel. Please just try some and you'll find the one that fits best for you

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes