Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,848 Members 37,580 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] xperia z2 connectivity issue with wifi router

Tip us?

adikhan
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] xperia z2 connectivity issue with wifi router

i got xperia z2 yesterday ,my ist android phone .the only issue i am facing is that it doesnt connect to my wifi router. while all my other electronics are connected and working properly. i have tried restarting the phone and also the factory reset but it didnt work. i made hotshot on my iphone 5s and tried xperia z2 to connect with it and it did connect and worked perfectly fine. but with my home router it doesnt connect .so anyone has any idea what is the issue? is it phone issue or software bug? as i am very stressed

erikrh
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by adikhan View Post
i got xperia z2 yesterday ,my ist android phone .the only issue i am facing is that it doesnt connect to my wifi router. while all my other electronics are connected and working properly. i have tried restarting the phone and also the factory reset but it didnt work. i made hotshot on my iphone 5s and tried xperia z2 to connect with it and it did connect and worked perfectly fine. but with my home router it doesnt connect .so anyone has any idea what is the issue? is it phone issue or software bug? as i am very stressed
I had this exact same issue but after all it was just a brain fart (mea culpa!); it turns out I had my router configured to not accept new terminals automatically so the phone was never going to connect to the router, so I just turned off the option and that's it