Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] System crash on my iBall andi 4.5h (4.0.4)

OP just_another_guy

18th May 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Phone hangs while booting up at logo screen, after the animation
Service centre guys say that software needs to be reloaded or reinstalled(I don’t remember what), but it will wipe off my 1.5gb of data on internal memory.
I am able to access recovery mode normally, phone display during charging is like normal, the problem starts after (trying to) switch it on.
I wasn’t trying to root it or anything, the phone was simply switched off for about a week or so. There is a small chance that some apps were open when I shut it down. Other reasons I can think of for the phone to behave in such an abnormal manner-
1 I think I had a virus on the phone. Avast antivirus would behave quite weirdly, and it would interrupt music playback. (I downloaded it from 1mobile store, not playstore)
2 I had very low internal memory-I had over 150 apps of various sizes installed, and I often would get “low internal memory” warnings. My sd card was also almost full.
I don’t mind rooting it as long as gives me my data, and preferably a method to un-root if it isn’t too tough.
Could I use “Apply update from sd card” to use my external sd card to root my phone after downloading software on it?
Could I use some kind of programme through a Usb cable from a computer?
Do you think I should do a factory reset, then use a factory reset data recovery software? Will it increase the chances of my phone getting bricked ?
(Are you aware of)any other way of accessing data from a phone switched off?
Thanks !
Last edited by just_another_guy; 24th May 2014 at 08:23 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread