Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wifi stuck on "turning on wifi" after doing a factory reset :(

Tip us?

sirfir
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Service [Q] Wifi stuck on "turning on wifi" after doing a factory reset :(

Hi! ive been browsing the net for almost 2 days looking for a solution to this problem. the other night, i did a factory reset on my PANTECH FLEX OS 4.1.2 non-rooted. Wifi was working fine before that. after the reset, wifi would now only show "turning wifi on" whenever i turn it on. i've seen threads regarding this but none with the Flex. PLEASE HELP AS IM REALLY DESPERATE

I've done factory resets, hard resets airplane mode tinkering and the like butthey dont work. i've been reading that one effective solution would be too flash the wifi in my device but i would need to root it. is there any other way to fix the wifi again without rooting it yet? i was thinking of doing a downgrade to ICS to try and fix the wifi but im not sure if that would work.

sirfir
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirfir View Post
Hi! ive been browsing the net for almost 2 days looking for a solution to this problem. the other night, i did a factory reset on my PANTECH FLEX OS 4.1.2 non-rooted. Wifi was working fine before that. after the reset, wifi would now only show "turning wifi on" whenever i turn it on. i've seen threads regarding this but none with the Flex. PLEASE HELP AS IM REALLY DESPERATE

I've done factory resets, hard resets airplane mode tinkering and the like butthey dont work. i've been reading that one effective solution would be too flash the wifi in my device but i would need to root it. is there any other way to fix the wifi again without rooting it yet? i was thinking of doing a downgrade to ICS to try and fix the wifi but im not sure if that would work.
UPDATE: I just found out that the phone was rooted in the first place, assuming that superSU is only installed if a phone is rooted. This was just given to me so i had no idea that it was rooted anyway i checked to see if the phone is still rooted by running root checker basic and it says that it doesnt have root access anymore. Did i just un-root the phone? and how do i get back my wifi?