In fact, I ran into some problems, too - and like to share a few simple solutions with you.
1) Keyboard not detected at all, Z2 does not discover the hardware:
- Try switching Bluetooth off, wait about 10 seconds (don't skip this !), switch on again, try again.
- Restart the Z2. Quite often, the BT features encounter some hiccups after using the tablet for a while. A restart usually cures that.
2) Keyboard detected, but not selectable as an input device:
- Undo the pairing, restart the Z2, pair again.
3) Keyboard detected, working, but wrong characters appear while typing:
Three possible reasons:
- Keyboard layout in many cases (I'm not sure it's the same with every hardware combination and every OS version) seems to depend on the layout of the ONSCREEN keyboard selected. Try selecting the stock keyboard of your language prior to using your BT keyboard.
- Make sure you REALLY selected the correct system language: I experienced a sudden restart of the Z2 while using it the first time. After restarting, a WRONG language was selected automatically without prompting for input. System selected "Deutsch (Liechtenstein)" instead of just "Deutsch (Deutschland)". Result: Totally garbled layout when using the BT hardware keyboard. Took me quite a while (and some luck) finding this issue. So check your language settings even if you're absolutely sure you selected the right language after switching on the Z2 for the first time.
- After pairing the BT keyboard, go to Settings > Language & Input > Physical Keyboard, tap "Bluetooth Keyboard", select "Set up keyboard layouts", select your language EVEN IF IT LOOKS LIKE YOUR LANGUAGE IS ALREADY SELECTED. This step is often skipped, causing problems.
Suggestion: Try the "Multiling O Keyboard" by "Honso" as an onscreen keyboard. It's a bit hard to setup properly (documentation is a mess), but offers you an unbelievable wealth of customization possibilities without asking for a) money, and b) fancy permissions. The layout if FULLY customizable; I don't know any other onscreen keyboard making it possible to create a keyboard layout exactly as you want it. You can even setup an onscreen layout identical with your hardware keyboard's layout - perfect match.
This software keyboard also works flawless with BT keyboards - that's why I mention it here.
Please keep this thread clean - NO other issues to discuss here, please do NOT reply to posts dealing with other issues. Thank you !