Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more
Post Reply

[Q] Can't flash CoolICS

OP kl-lampertheim

17th May 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Hello,
I have stock ICS 403 active with HBOOT 1.53.0007 and unlocked resp. rooted my Evo ed using the HTC method.

I have also installed 4ext recovery using fastboot tool and tried to flash Cool-ICS-v18-EvoG.zip after backup,factory/data reset, wipe cache and davlik.

But I have got message E:can't open /sdcard/Cool-ICS-v18-EvoG.zip (bad).

I made a restore and downloaded again the zip-file as I thout it might be corrupted. Resul the same.

Then I googled and found that I can flash a ICS based rom also using the original recovery (CWM). I reflashed recovery again with original cwm recovery image.

Performed the same steps: Backup, factry reset, wipe cache and davlik.

But also there the zip-file could not be opened.

What might be wrong?

Could you please give me a hint. Thanks in advance.

With kind regards,

Klaus
17th May 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 167
 
666 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Reformat your sd card from scratch using 4ext recovery, or try another sd card.
Maybe it's bad.
Try to backup ther data on your sd card before.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
17th May 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom0769

Reformat your sd card from scratch using 4ext recovery, or try another sd card.
Maybe it's bad.
Try to backup ther data on your sd card before.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Hi Tom,
Thanks for yor your reply. This I have done already.
I bought a brand new sd card. But the problem still remains? Might there be a permission problem?
17th May 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 167
 
666 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Download another ics sense rom to check if it installs

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA Free mobile app
18th May 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom0769

Download another ics sense rom to check if it installs

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA Free mobile app

Thanks again. I Tried with LeeDr0iD rom. And I had the same. I am really stuck.

Could it come, because I downloaded with my PC and the copied it using USB?

I mean I can copy, delete, rename and move files using Total Commander. So I don't think it comes from a wrong formatted sdcard.

It must be something else.

Thanks again.

With kind regards,

Klaus
18th May 2014, 11:38 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kl-lampertheim

Thanks again. I Tried with LeeDr0iD rom. And I had the same. I am really stuck.

Could it come, because I downloaded with my PC and the copied it using USB?

I mean I can copy, delete, rename and move files using Total Commander. So I don't think it comes from a wrong formatted sdcard.

It must be something else.

Thanks again.

With kind regards,

Klaus

Hi,

I could solve my problem. I redownloaded the zip file and suddenly now it worked. Don't know what went wrong.
No I am happy.

Thank's for your support.
The Following User Says Thank You to kl-lampertheim For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in EVO 3D Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank