Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 53,734 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

About to buy a One for my dad

Tip us?

kickenwing13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default About to buy a One for my dad

It's in blue for 200 .. the guy mentioned it's rooted on 4.3 and that the tool to get it off 4.3 isn't available... .. what do you guys think ? I'm versed in the note 3 area. But I don't understand htc one root .. is it stuck on 4.3 ? What do I need to do if I get it ?

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

jpradley
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickenwing13 View Post
It's in blue for 200 .. the guy mentioned it's rooted on 4.3 and that the tool to get it off 4.3 isn't available... .. what do you guys think ? I'm versed in the note 3 area. But I don't understand htc one root .. is it stuck on 4.3 ? What do I need to do if I get it ?
What tool would that be (IOW, what is that tool called on the phones for which it is actually available)?

If you are absolutely cvonvinced that the phone is rooted, that it shows as S-Off when in bootloader mode, then I should think that you can install any of the dozens of ROMs we have here that are 4.4.2. Do you know if the phone has had installed a Recovery other than the default, such as TWRP or ClockworkMod?

kickenwing13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
No going to pick it up . Would it.be gard to get recover or simple as that goo app

kickenwing13
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickenwing13 View Post
No going to pick it up . Would it.be gard to get recover or simple as that goo app

Well I got the phone. He didn't flash gapps, but updated it to AOKP. I'm thinking I'd rather be on stock KK. My dad is coming from a DNA and going to AOKP is like asking him to walk on his hands and talk spanish.