TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

[Q] Problems with incoming and outgoing calls [help please]

OP Olivecaus

13th May 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Alright, I am currently on an sgh-i337 Galaxy S4. I'm updated to MK2 and have been trying to fix the problem I've been having for a week or two now and figured I could get some help from some real geniuses.

My problem is that when making a call or receiving a call, there is no audio transacted between my caller and I (they can't hear me and I can't hear them). After digging around on the Internet a little, I found several tips: factory restore, update from mf3 to mk2, wipe the cache and data on the phone application, use applications such as soundabout, clean out the mic with a needle, trying different ROMS. I have tried ALL these options and have yet to figure out a solution.

Some info- I know my microphone is working fine because I will record myself and play it back with crystal quality, Text to speech works flawlessly, and S-Voice works as well. My speakers work fine too. I can play music and the internal (ear) speaker works as well. I have data on the phone and can send and receive text messages perfectly. HERE IS THE KICKER: When connected to my bluetooth headset, the call works perfectly! This leads me to believe it is a software issue but I am puzzled as to why a factory reset (even a fresh mk2 Odin flash) won't work. I have tried downloading different dialer applications and dialing a call from android terminal emulator. Still, no dice.
Thanks for any and all help!
13th May 2014, 12:56 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 28

172 posts
More
hi there,

sounds like a modem issue.. although the fact that it works with bluetooth makes me think otherwise. did you donan official update or is it a custom Rom? at one point I update to 442 (NC1) but still had the 422 basedband (MG1). I was getting signal drops all the time so I went back the 422, flashed the modem only using odin, then updated to 442 again and no more signal drops!

good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app
13th May 2014, 01:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The French Tickl3r

hi there,

sounds like a modem issue.. although the fact that it works with bluetooth makes me think otherwise. did you donan official update or is it a custom Rom? at one point I update to 442 (NC1) but still had the 422 basedband (MG1). I was getting signal drops all the time so I went back the 422, flashed the modem only using odin, then updated to 442 again and no more signal drops!

good luck!

So you think I should download the new kit kat modems and give them a flash? This is what I thought as well. I feel like there is just an internal software switch that is causing mute and hold to be constantly activated unless a bluetooth device is connected. I'll certainly do your suggestion and get back with you. Thank you
15th May 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #4  
Flag Montreal

172 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivecaus

So you think I should download the new kit kat modems and give them a flash? This is what I thought as well. I feel like there is just an internal software switch that is causing mute and hold to be constantly activated unless a bluetooth device is connected. I'll certainly do your suggestion and get back with you. Thank you

hey there,

give it a shot, but whatever you do, have a backup before you start!
17th May 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:

hi there,

good luck!

I apologize it took me so long to get back with you, I had to flash full NB1, and zip the modems up, then downgrade, then flash. I couldn't find any individual tar files for NB1 4.4.2.

Thanks for the suggestion French but I'm afraid that's another idea we can add the list of busts. I first flashed the NB1 modems and then tried making a call. Everything was going normal but the call audio from either person has yet to budge. After that frustration I decided to wipe everything, update to NB1, reset the flash counter, and take it to best buy and the AT&T store for some more ideas. The guy at Best Buy was a total dweeb and said they didn't offer a service for flashing phone devices. How lame. I went to the AT&T store and the guy of course, didn't try to help me resolve the problem but just get a new phone.

So, I'm scraping bottom for ideas fellas. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thank you all
18th May 2014, 01:39 PM   |  #6  
Flag Montreal

172 posts
More
hi there,

glad to hear you resolved your problem. sounds like it might have been a hw issue after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivecaus

I apologize it took me so long to get back with you, I had to flash full NB1, and zip the modems up, then downgrade, then flash. I couldn't find any individual tar files for NB1 4.4.2.

Thanks for the suggestion French but I'm afraid that's another idea we can add the list of busts. I first flashed the NB1 modems and then tried making a call. Everything was going normal but the call audio from either person has yet to budge. After that frustration I decided to wipe everything, update to NB1, reset the flash counter, and take it to best buy and the AT&T store for some more ideas. The guy at Best Buy was a total dweeb and said they didn't offer a service for flashing phone devices. How lame. I went to the AT&T store and the guy of course, didn't try to help me resolve the problem but just get a new phone.

So, I'm scraping bottom for ideas fellas. I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thank you all

18th May 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:

hi there,

glad to hear you resolved your problem. sounds like it might have been a hw issue after all.

I didn't resolve the problem and I'm still open to any and all suggestions. Getting a new phone is rarely the answer and in a case like this where the hardware works perfect on a Skype call, etc.. I really appreciate your help and if you got any more ideas, throw them at me!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread