Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 42,307 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone trying to auto update

Tip us?

Kole_Ackerson
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 185
Default Phone trying to auto update

Hey guys, woke up this morning with the update icon in my status bar and now my phone is trying to prompt to install the update to me. Is there Anyway I could get this to go away?
Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

joshuabg
Old
Thanks Meter 387

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kole_Ackerson View Post
Hey guys, woke up this morning with the update icon in my status bar and now my phone is trying to prompt to install the update to me. Is there Anyway I could get this to go away?
Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
If you are rooted you can go into Titanium backup and Freeze SDM.

BoulderGeek
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I just got my i545 and had the same issue. The new phone (bought off Ebay) has MJ7 and the 4.4 update was beating me to death.

I rooted with the method in the General forum sticky. Then, I paid for the Titanium Backup registration key. With that, I could freeze FWUpgrade.apk and SDM.apk. No more prompting.

I added Safestrap after that. use the 3.71 version linked in Hashcode's thread (Safestrap-JFLTEVZW-3.71.apk). With this, I could get the 4.3 to activate Hotspot tethering ( I am still on grandfathered Unlimited). Voila, everything works just the way i want it to.

I am unsure if I want to go to 4.4 at this point. I would eventually like to have CM11. But, with 4.3 and tethering working, I am pretty satisfied with this phone already. It is miles ahead of my HTC Thunderbolt.

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderGeek View Post
I just got my i545 and had the same issue. The new phone (bought off Ebay) has MJ7 and the 4.4 update was beating me to death.

I rooted with the method in the General forum sticky. Then, I paid for the Titanium Backup registration key. With that, I could freeze FWUpgrade.apk and SDM.apk. No more prompting.

I added Safestrap after that. use the 3.71 version linked in Hashcode's thread (Safestrap-JFLTEVZW-3.71.apk). With this, I could get the 4.3 to activate Hotspot tethering ( I am still on grandfathered Unlimited). Voila, everything works just the way i want it to.

I am unsure if I want to go to 4.4 at this point. I would eventually like to have CM11. But, with 4.3 and tethering working, I am pretty satisfied with this phone already. It is miles ahead of my HTC Thunderbolt.
You don't need safestrap for tethering but if it works it works right? 4.4 isn't anything special anyway and you'll probably never be able to flash CM or any AOSP ROM anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4 HTC One Max
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery HTC PowerFlip
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass S-OFF & Relocked
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script FlyKernel
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4 Adrenaline Sense 6
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar

decaturbob
Old
Thanks Meter 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderGeek View Post

no route to flash any CM or ASOP based ROMS unless you have a mdk base S4...
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3