Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,692 Members 52,158 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Headphone Jack is a monstrosity.

Tip us?

Enter The Nexus
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 199
Default Headphone Jack is a monstrosity.

I've had my G2 since January 31st. Great phone, but I have an excruciating problem. It never recognizes my headphones. I've tried with multiple cables and headphones. When I plug them in, I hear the click, look at my status bar, shows the headphone with mic symbol for a split second then disappears. For times I can get it to work, it works terribly. If I barely move the phone or jack, the G2 acts like I've unplugged it and stops my music. I've tried the compressed air trick, Q-Tip cleaning, and the lint roller tip, but the phone still acts bad. I don't want to spend extra money to get a replacement or buy an iPod since I want to buy some priority things (soooo many games coming out on PS4 soon!!).

If anyone's experienced this problem and solved it, could you give me some pointers on how to do it? Thanks.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

VZW LG G2.
> XDABEBB's 2.0 VS98025A

ASUS MeMO Pad Smart ME301T
> OmniRom 4.4.4

LenAsh
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1015
Servisol contact cleaner...on the plug and then insert and rotate,

mdotcarter
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I had the exact same problem, and in my case there was nothing that could be done. For my phone it was a hardware problem, and the headphone jack had physically become loose. I had to get a new phone under warranty.