Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,116 Members 43,623 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4 tw and tmobile - official discussion here

Tip us?

Brooklynzson
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I just got sent a new galaxy s4 to replace my old one. It had the latest on it, so what I'm getting here is that we cant flash roms or recoveries or anything yet?

gdmlaz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynzson View Post
I just got sent a new galaxy s4 to replace my old one. It had the latest on it, so what I'm getting here is that we cant flash roms or recoveries or anything yet?
If it brings 4.3 pre-installed you could still flash roms/reveries everything like before but you will trigger the Knox count which will void ur warranty if you don't care about warranty then you are fine

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to gdmlaz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Brooklynzson
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdmlaz View Post
If it brings 4.3 pre-installed you could still flash roms/reveries everything like before but you will trigger the Knox count which will void ur warranty if you don't care about warranty then you are fine

Doesnt matter to me lol, thanks.

futty
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Some of us like myself rely on wifi. But I'm sure by then I'll be on the s5 or note whatever.

Devices:
Name: Samsung Galaxy 4
Rom: Wicked v8 for now

Name: Samsung Galaxy S III -wife now uses it
ROM: Hyperdrive

Name: HTC Sensation - retired
Rom: stock

Name: Kindle Fire
Rom: Stock

Name: myTouch 4G - retired
Rom: stock

Name: ASUS Nexus 7
Rom: stock 4.4

Name iPad 1st Gen
Rom: An iPad has roms? Jailbroken
The Following User Says Thank You to futty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BoboBrazil
Old
Thanks Meter 60
S5 should be out in March or April so soon now. Rumor is 2560x1440p screen, most likely 3gb ram, and possibly s800 or s805 cpu. Can't wait. It might be hard to leave the S4 though. It's nice getting the google edition roms on this bad boy too and they might not release a ge s5.

dr.zambonee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You guys should really check out dandroid GPE 4.4, its near flawless. I like the touchwiz UI but vanilla KitKat is so much better IMHO. Especially with the Google launcher.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

B3L13V3
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoboBrazil View Post
S5 should be out in March or April so soon now. Rumor is 2560x1440p screen, most likely 3gb ram, and possibly s800 or s805 cpu. Can't wait. It might be hard to leave the S4 though. It's nice getting the google edition roms on this bad boy too and they might not release a ge s5.
Soo now that you know it doesn't have any of those rumored specs, are you still eager for it's release?

Saturny
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3L13V3 View Post
Soo now that you know it doesn't have any of those rumored specs, are you still eager for it's release?
I plan on getting it myself.
Current Phone: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 16gb White Frost (GNF1 Sickness Style V3 w/ktoonsez kernel 7/12)-4.4.2.
Tablet: Nexus 7 2nd Gen 32GB (Pac-Man 8/25 Nightly w/ElementalX 2.14)-4.4.4.
Apple Ipod Touch: 4th Gen-6.1.3.

Recovery- TWRP 2.7.1.

Devices Of Old:
Samsung Galaxy S III 16GB Pebble Blue (Dandroid 4.12)-4.1.2-Gave to mom.
Nexus 7 2012 16GB (Pac-Man 8/25 Nightly)-4.4.4-Gave to mom.

BoboBrazil
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3L13V3 View Post
Not going to buy it. Such a disappointment. There's still rumors of the nicer premium "f" model though so we will see what happens. I don't see why anyone would upgrade to a 5 from a 4.

Michael Hill
Old
Thanks Meter 5
This is great discussion with 4.4 tw and tmobile
know that the 4.4.2 Google Edition Roms absolutely scream as far as real world performance goes.
But somehow I doubt the TW 4.4.2 will offer a huge performance boost vs its earlier counterpart.
every bode see more..................