Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Need to root?

OP andrew21

17th May 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
324 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Hello, i need to root htc one mini...i can unlock bootloader....after that can i use openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img and SuperSU updatev1.94? Thanks
17th May 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #2  
RuffBuster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 129
 
534 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew21

Hello, i need to root htc one mini...i can unlock bootloader....after that can i use openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img and SuperSU updatev1.94? Thanks

NO! that recovery is for "HTC One M7" not the "HTC One mini M4". Use a recovery from the dev section here.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
18th May 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
324 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffBuster

NO! that recovery is for "HTC One M7" not the "HTC One mini M4". Use a recovery from the dev section here.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Im using TWRP-2.6.3.0.img and UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.51, is that ok?
18th May 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #4  
RuffBuster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 129
 
534 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew21

Im using TWRP-2.6.3.0.img and UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.51, is that ok?

What Android are you using?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
18th May 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
324 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffBuster

What Android are you using?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Its 4.4.2.....
Last edited by andrew21; 18th May 2014 at 04:19 PM.
18th May 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #6  
RuffBuster's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 129
 
534 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
If its 4..4.2 from HTC using updates from a stock phone use a recovery with the "new" partition layout like TWRP 2.7.0.8. And if it's 4.4.2 from here on XDA use the "old" partition layout recovery. The one you quoted should cover that.

Just make sure you use the CORRECT recovery or you could risk losing all your data and cause yourself to lose the OS.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes