Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,728 Members 44,388 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HELP! Droid Bionic cant open Play store!

Tip us?

MyNightTerror
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HELP! Droid Bionic cant open Play store!

I am on verizons network (Trying to use wifi) I own the Droid Bionic with firmware 4.1.2.
Well today I rooted, everything was working perfectly. However after 2-4 hours after rooting, my wifi went from connected to in range and my play store wouldnt connect at all, using wifi or data. I figured the root was messing it up so I did a factory reset to help get rid of it, root seems to be gone, but now I cant sign up/in the google play store. I get an error message saying, " Cant establish a reliable connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call customer care." I have no idea what this means and I am getting to annoyed, I got this phone yesterday 5/16 today is the 17th... My wifi bar is gray which means "in range"when it should be blue "connected" When I look at my wifi settings my internet says it is connected however. Any ideas at all???? Please help!! Also I did change date and time to moscow to try and use freedom for app purchases, I changed it back to automatic date, time, and timezone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bionic Icons.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	2749720  

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 504

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNightTerror View Post
I am on verizons network (Trying to use wifi) I own the Droid Bionic with firmware 4.1.2.
Well today I rooted, everything was working perfectly. However after 2-4 hours after rooting, my wifi went from connected to in range and my play store wouldnt connect at all, using wifi or data. I figured the root was messing it up so I did a factory reset to help get rid of it, root seems to be gone, but now I cant sign up/in the google play store. I get an error message saying, " Cant establish a reliable connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your android device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call customer care." I have no idea what this means and I am getting to annoyed, I got this phone yesterday 5/16 today is the 17th... My wifi bar is gray which means "in range"when it should be blue "connected" When I look at my wifi settings my internet says it is connected however. Any ideas at all???? Please help!! Also I did change date and time to moscow to try and use freedom for app purchases, I changed it back to automatic date, time, and timezone.
If your root is gone after a factory reset, then you weren't rooted correctly in the first place (edit: if your rooting process involved downloading SuperSU or the equivalent through the Play Store, then just sideload the apk since you can't get to the Play Store as the SU binary will still be installed and that combined with the re-installed app should establish root access again). A factory reset does not change your rooted status. As far as the Google Apps not working...it's most likely due to a modded hosts file. Either from an ad blocking program, or the Freedom Play Store patcher. Re-root and delete the hosts file in /system/etc and reboot.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

MyNightTerror
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I was rooted before I am not anymore says root checker. I used this method here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2256439
When I run the program to try and root again it says invalid IP address now. Idk what's going on with this phone now

es0tericcha0s
Old
Thanks Meter 504

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNightTerror View Post
I was rooted before I am not anymore says root checker. I used this method here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2256439
When I run the program to try and root again it says invalid IP address now. Idk what's going on with this phone now
Like I said, you just need to install the SuperSU app. The binary has to already still be in /system/bin or /system/xbin, whereever that one installs it. So once you install the companion app, it should recognize that the binary is installed and provide you with root access again.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)