Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,312 Members 38,909 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Z2 new update 17.1.A.2.69 causing unroot?

Tip us?

khumash
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Z2 new update 17.1.A.2.69 causing unroot?

My Z2 is rooted. Today popped up a notification says "new update 17.1.A.2.69 available", asking me to connect to PC to proceed the update. I was wondering is the new update going to unroot my phone? Should I not install the updates? Thanks.

Envious_Data
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 845

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by khumash View Post
My Z2 is rooted. Today popped up a notification says "new update 17.1.A.2.69 available", asking me to connect to PC to proceed the update. I was wondering is the new update going to unroot my phone? Should I not install the updates? Thanks.
Yes it will unroot but your superSu or superuser app should have a OTA survival option, click it and try updating as root will attempt to "survive the update" it doesent always work so i dont recomend trying it

If not you can always reroot, it isn't too hard

Hi there

"Music Makes me forget the traumas that plague my mind. Music is the cure to a normaly unfixable problem"
-Nozomi Yamauchi

http://envious.host-my-rom.eu/
Credits to zantekk for the WebSpace

Deviant Art page
http://enviousdata.deviantart.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to Envious_Data For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ben Ling
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 7,161

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by khumash View Post
I only know that usually updating from Sony PC Companion will download the whole firmware,so it's going to wipe your system,and the root will be gone,but you still can root it.
Your internal storage won't be wiped.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z using XDA Premium

Like My Work ? Donate To Me So That I Can Contribute To More Devices
Always Hit Thanks If You Like My Work
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben Ling For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]