8th May 2014, 01:20 AM   |  #21  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,683

2,296 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopy25

I use the ZCV ROM zip in your post I as my stock so I can update prl, and Everytime it boots I see the the Google unlock screen, the LG logo, then the sprint logo and 4G animation stuff.

I also use the multi boot method so it is actually a secondary rom that way I don't have to flash over just to update PRL, could that have something to do with it?

That's the right boot screen pics you'll see

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboardbox

Yes I used that thread. I also got the ZVC radio from the link at the top of that thread. When I flashed it I saw in the text that scrolls up during the flash that it was labelled ZVB radio. I still wonder about that...

I'm still stock, no custom kernel.

I went to recovery, but the first time I tried I did it wrong and the phone booted up normally for the first time today. I then wiped cache and restarted the phone 5 times without it getting stuck. If it was cache, does this tell you anything? Will I have to wipe it once a week?

Well dopy25's suggestion seems to have worked.

I'll read up about the mako unlock but maybe there is something weird about my phone. When I turn it on a normal boot goes like this:

1. LG logo for maybe .5 second or less
2. black screen with backlight on
3. black screen without backlight
4. LG logo again for 1 sec
5. Sprint animated 4GLTE logo
6. Done

1 through 4 are kind of strange. Maybe I should just have one LG logo?

Yeah the ZVC modem didn't get updated in the updater script. It's ZVC. Which as far as we can tell is the same as ZVB. But nobody's positive on that.
You should be seeing the Google screen. I'm pretty sure you have the old unlock. So if you're on stock, just rerun FreeGee again, and select the "mako" unlock I think its called. It's the unlock that is recommended by the app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopy25

As far as the 2 LG logo's at boot, that very well could be what engine95 was talking about when he said you might be on the old/temp unlock method. But I think you should be on the good unlock if you used the teeny bin.

You got it, and that's whats weird. teeny bins uses the sbl unlock. So I have no idea how there's not the Google unlock bootup screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to engine95 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th May 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #22  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

83 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by engine95

That's the right boot screen pics you'll see

Yeah the ZVC modem didn't get updated in the updater script. It's ZVC. Which as far as we can tell is the same as ZVB. But nobody's positive on that.
You should be seeing the Google screen. I'm pretty sure you have the old unlock. So if you're on stock, just rerun FreeGee again, and select the "mako" unlock I think its called. It's the unlock that is recommended by the app.

My OG is back to doing the stalled boot process again. In FreeGee I dont see an unlock option. I see:

Restore EFS
Backup EFS
CWM-6.0.4.7

Menu options are:

Update loki in zip
reboot recovery
reboot bootloader
shudown
Last edited by cardboardbox; 9th May 2014 at 09:36 PM.
9th May 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #23  
Recognized Contributor

2,296 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

My G2 is back to doing the stalled boot process again. In FreeGee I dont see an unlock option. I see:

Restore EFS
Backup EFS
CWM-6.0.4.7

Menu options are:

Update loki in zip
reboot recovery
reboot bootloader
shudown

OK... Wait a minute. Are you talking about a G2 or Optimus G? The G2 uses a loki unlock and for that you'll need to go to the G2 forum.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
9th May 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #24  
OP Member

83 posts
Quote:

OK... Wait a minute. Are you talking about a G2 or Optimus G? The G2 uses a loki unlock and for that you'll need to go to the G2 forum.

oops, got a little carried away there. I've fixed my post. Been thinking of getting a G2.
9th May 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #25  
Recognized Contributor

2,296 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

oops, got a little carried away there. I've fixed my post. Been thinking of getting a G2.

Gotcha. When FreeGee opens up, you should see CWM and TWRP recoveries. Click one of those to unlock

The Following User Says Thank You to engine95 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th May 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #26  
OP Member

83 posts
Quote:

Gotcha. When FreeGee opens up, you should see CWM and TWRP recoveries. Click one of those to unlock

I see CWM-6.0.4.7. Does it matter than I have TWRP and not CWM?
9th May 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 228

680 posts
Quote:

I see CWM-6.0.4.7. Does it matter than I have TWRP and not CWM?

It might if its an unlock file but if it's asking you if you want to install cwm then no.

But freegee should have downloaded the cwm and twrp (I think mine did automatically). Go into recovery and then choose flash zip, find the cwm file on your "SD". it should be under the freegee folder on your "SD". You might want to check that it is before booting to recovery.

Then go back to freegee app and try again. You might have better luck with cwm being your recovery anyway. I use twrp but you pretty much have to be careful with it. A lot of people have better luck with cwm or Philz.
The Following User Says Thank You to dopy25 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th May 2014, 07:41 AM   |  #28  
OP Member

83 posts
thanks guys, its working so far and I have the Google splash screen first now. I'll play around with the phone for a few days before I assume its good.
18th May 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #29  
OP Member

83 posts
Quote:

thanks guys, its working so far and I have the Google splash screen first now. I'll play around with the phone for a few days before I assume its good.

Still working a week later! Yay!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread