Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,886 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Would you buy it again?

Tip us?

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson68 View Post
I've had the Galaxy Note Pro for a month now, and I've come to the conclusion that 7" or 8" inch is optimal for consumption and 12" is optimal for productivity. 10" is a tweener and if I had the chance to do it again, I wouldn't buy the Note 10.1.
Samsung's rumored to be releasing a 13.3" Pro/Note. As productivity goes, "the bigger the better." People at work in finance carry 17" laptops to manage massive spreadsheets. My work laptop is a 13" ultra book. Why? Portability. Same thing applies to my choice of 10" being ideal for my tablet. No Android tablet available (yet) can be a full notebook PC replacement. With my N10.1-12 I could leave my laptop at home 25%. I'm up to 50% on my N10.1-14. Display size isn't why I can't use it more; it's connectivity and native access to specific apps. If display size was the driver (for me) I wouldn't use my N10.1-14 as a laptop replacement at all. Of course there are times when I'm on the road and only have my N10.1-14 with me a larger display would be beneficial. Same thing with my 13" ultra book. But to me, and I'm guessing others, portability trumps the benefit of a larger display. There really is no right or wrong display size for tablets or laptops. That's why they are offered in so many different sizes. For your use case 12" seems ideal. Not for mine.

alex_72gr
Old
Thanks Meter 29
there may be occasional lags here and there but the posibilities of this tablet are something else. I would buy it again and again. I love the pen function. I agree development is not what I would expect for such a great mashine. But hopefully with time, as it gets cheaper, it might become better. Mine is the Ρ 605!

Hanson68
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I do use mine for productivity, which is why I would opt for 12". But if I wanted a tablet mainly for consumption, I'd go for 7" or 8" since they're much lighter and more comfortable for one handed use. That's why 10" is a no man's land for me.

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson68 View Post
I do use mine for productivity, which is why I would opt for 12". But if I wanted a tablet mainly for consumption, I'd go for 7" or 8" since they're much lighter and more comfortable for one handed use. That's why 10" is a no man's land for me.
Here's my set up...
  • Samsung Micro USB rechargeable BT keyboard with leather cover that doubles as a mouse pad
  • Wired headset with mic
  • Samsung Micro USB rechargeable multi-point (two device capable) BT headset
  • Case for headsets
  • Samsung USB charger
  • 7' angled micro USB charging cable
  • Folding aluminum stand that allows charging while in use without turning the device upside down
  • Sony high DPI BT mouse
  • Samsung BT S Pen

And it all fits in here...

To me "the all fits in here" and not panicking when someone in coach reclines their seatback on an airplane is worth giving up 2" of screen real estate for the 20% of the time it would be handy. We all have different priorities.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

And the differences in physical size aren't trivial...

Tags
galaxy note 10, galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition