Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

My Peculiar Journey with GPro

OP prabhjitsinghwalia

18th May 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bangalore , Delhi
Thanks Meter: 22

116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoh95

I would say in my opionion, dont buy it. My g2x was a piece of crap, and i regret giving LG another chance with the e980. My battery has gone bad (making the phone useless) and all LG support told me is to send it in for repair (how do you repair a battery?!?!?) and to include a receipt (somthing i dont have) but the phone should obviously be in warrenty as the date of manufacture is less then a year ago! This shipping would also would cost almost as much as buying a new battery and take twice as long. Horrible customer support(their phone lines were down as was their live chat and the customer support was completely unhelpful besides making sure that i knew that i couldnt get any resoulution without a receipt) , this phone will likely NEVER receive any android version updates(like the G2X never received ICS) and almost no developement seals this phones fate.

Hi , too bad to know that you are facing these problems , as far as battery is concerned any service center be it samsung, htc will ask you to send for repair ,If you dont want to send for repair Just try Factory reset and if battery still sucks then you are sure its not a suftware problem but a problem with battery so buy a new One. Simple!!

And as for G2x , My optimus 2x got ICS and your G2x was American version of O2x, So i think it also got it and if not then problem is with the Carrier as Lg Updated O2x from 2.2 to 2.3 and then to 4.0 ICS.
18th May 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 8

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhjitsinghwalia

Hi , too bad to know that you are facing these problems , as far as battery is concerned any service center be it samsung, htc will ask you to send for repair ,If you dont want to send for repair Just try Factory reset and if battery still sucks then you are sure its not a suftware problem but a problem with battery so buy a new One. Simple!!

And as for G2x , My optimus 2x got ICS and your G2x was American version of O2x, So i think it also got it and if not then problem is with the Carrier as Lg Updated O2x from 2.2 to 2.3 and then to 4.0 ICS.

Yup, i see your point about the updates, i guess the American carriers dont want to update devices. And im 100% sure the battery is at fault,i already bought a new one, ill probably make a video or something when i get my new one.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
network, screen
Previous Thread Next Thread