Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,664 Members 43,000 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Status 7 error while installing CM11

Tip us?

ogradish
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Status 7 error while installing CM11

So here's the story
I installed CM11 about a month ago but then decided to revert back to stock, but then again due to short battery life decided to go back to cyanogenmod.
However when I try to install cyanogenmod (even the exact same version as before) on various recoveries (including CMW and Philz) I get the status 7 error. I've already tried to change the code in the updater-script and updating the recovery image, but nothing seems to work. Though I have succeeded in installing a SlimKat rom this rom doesn't support my provider or something.
Any idea on what I should do next?

Please help me out people, I'm kinda desperate right now :/

ogradish
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogradish View Post
So here's the story
I installed CM11 about a month ago but then decided to revert back to stock, but then again due to short battery life decided to go back to cyanogenmod.
However when I try to install cyanogenmod (even the exact same version as before) on various recoveries (including CMW and Philz) I get the status 7 error. I've already tried to change the code in the updater-script and updating the recovery image, but nothing seems to work. Though I have succeeded in installing a SlimKat rom this rom doesn't support my provider or something.
Any idea on what I should do next?

Please help me out people, I'm kinda desperate right now :/
A sidenote
when I use the latest version of CWM and install cm11 it installs perfectly fine, but when booted up the boot animation just goes on for hours and it won't let me get into the rom

Thant
Old
Thanks Meter 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogradish View Post
A sidenote
when I use the latest version of CWM and install cm11 it installs perfectly fine, but when booted up the boot animation just goes on for hours and it won't let me get into the rom
First you must know to use the latest CWM from CM11 thread or latest TWRP or Philz, second aere you flash the boot.img form fastboot erase cache from fastboot and delete dalvik to
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #023 LM_UV
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification