No registration required

Google Voice Search can not connect with Google

OP gedster314

18th May 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Oxnard, Ca
Thanks Meter: 114

865 posts
Anyone have this issue. Happens to me on 1.2 and 2.0 firmware, stock or rooted. After a complete wipe and reinstall it works. I start installing my apps and along the way it stops. I have used the same combination of apps on several devices without issue. I guess I will have to turn off google auto restore and manually install every app and update and check it after each change.
18th May 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Oxnard, Ca
Thanks Meter: 114

865 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gedster314

Anyone have this issue. Happens to me on 1.2 and 2.0 firmware, stock or rooted. After a complete wipe and reinstall it works. I start installing my apps and along the way it stops. I have used the same combination of apps on several devices without issue. I guess I will have to turn off google auto restore and manually install every app and update and check it after each change.

Well I started removing anything that dealt with voice. It seems to be the Magic app, Magic Jacks void app. When running in the background it also seems to prevent Skype from connecting to calls too. Too bad, I'm using my OPPO on a data only plan and Skype has been really crappy lately but Magic Jack has been working great. All my calls come through Google voice and MJ rings 2 seconds before the home phone, Skype or regular AT&T cell service.

I guess I will post a complaint with Magic Jack. I use MJ more than voice search, I'll just live with it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread