MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Hard bricked - options?

13th May 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

92 posts
My at&t Galaxy S3 appears to be hard bricked. I tried using the method of using an .img file to the external SD card, yet now I'm unable to boot using that image.

Previously I was able to boot using the .img file, I did a factory reset, and now I'm stuck.

Are there any options available to me or anything else I can try?

thanks for all your help.
14th May 2014, 01:57 PM   |  #2  
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 74

354 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessive

My at&t Galaxy S3 appears to be hard bricked. I tried using the method of using an .img file to the external SD card, yet now I'm unable to boot using that image.

Previously I was able to boot using the .img file, I did a factory reset, and now I'm stuck.

Are there any options available to me or anything else I can try?

thanks for all your help.

You would need to provide more information to let us know what went wrong and what fix to apply. What caused the brick in the first instance? After you booted the first time using the recovery image, did you do a firmware restoration which is the sure fix to getting your phone back in working order? The recovery image only lets you get the phone back into booting mode. Thereafter, you need to work your way up the rest of the food chain via full firmware restoration. If you did a factory reset/wipe without first restoring your firmware, it's possible you may have wiped the recovery image card clean. If that's the case, you would need to create a new image and repeat the process all over.
16th May 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #3  

13 posts
I bricked my dad's phone a while back. Couldn't get to recovery or anything. Just a blank screen, couldn't tell if it was even on or off. We ended up sending it to a guy on Ebay that has a JTAG and he was able to fix it for us. I think we only paid $25 too. Got it back working within the week.

If you would like the guys name I can find it.

ZS
16th May 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehelSitchel

I bricked my dad's phone a while back. Couldn't get to recovery or anything. Just a blank screen, couldn't tell if it was even on or off. We ended up sending it to a guy on Ebay that has a JTAG and he was able to fix it for us. I think we only paid $25 too. Got it back working within the week.

If you would like the guys name I can find it.

ZS

I believe an JTAG will be my only option if the USB jig doesn't work any magic. The only life I get out of my phone when plugged into my computer is the USB driver and if I pull the battery while plugged in the red light shines.
16th May 2014, 08:30 PM   |  #5  

13 posts
Yep. That is exactly what mine did.
18th May 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Debrick
I got mine unbricked by making a dedrick sd card. I used a 32gb sd and partitioned it and it worked!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread