.spb Contacts File Opening or Conversion

OP solidex

18th May 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
More
Hi folks,

I am trying to get the content off a Kies .spb file that remained from some back-up on my previous Galaxy S2 phone. I have a Note 3 at the moment and Kies 2.* versions do not work with it so I tried using Kies 2 version in Windows and load the file into it, but it requests file password before loading it. I do not remember the file password and do not think that such was set for the file at all ever. Probably some Kies 2.* back-up thing.

I also tried adding .vcf extension to the file but it is not recognised by the Note 3 phone.

My question is if there is any program that could excerpt the contents of the .spb file so I can load this somehow and use them in my new device? Apparently I cannot use Kies 2 directly as it requests a password and the .spb file itself being in the Note 3 phone is not read by it when I try to use it for integration with the phone Contacts. I tried loading the same file with changed .vcf extension to the phone and also importing the contents into the device from the menu, this way a very short message appears and almost immediately after this I am returned to the start screen. Probably the message is about 'impossiblity for reading/adding the contacts'.

So, to summarise, two directions: 1. Opening the .spb file under Windows somehow, even with Kies 2.* but going beyond the password request, or 2. A way to convert the .spb file somehow into another format so I can use it directly, through the computer or on the phone.

The motherboard of my Galaxy S2 died and since all my contacts were on the device they were lost. I can't recover them from Google since I think I disabled this option. The only option I think is this .spb file that I found by chance worrking around getting my Note 3 connected to the computer, this time with Kies 3.*.

Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread