Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,535 Members 40,033 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung, AT&T and Verizon winning root battle.

Tip us?

Martinjv71
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90
Default Samsung, AT&T and Verizon winning root battle.

I think this is their master plan. Their making it so hard to root that at&t and samsung are just making us get worn out waiting for root. Eventually people won't care anymore and just put up with all their bloat and tactics turning us into sheep like the apple people are. I am even getting wore out checking 7 times a day in these threads only to hear of all the ways that don't work to root. There is a 12K bounty to be paid. U think that someone would spend every second trying to root to get 12K. Something is up with this. Maybe they were contacted and paid more not to do this. If there is a way they can PM me it and I will post it and give them the bounty so they don't get in trouble.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T

Rocking ViSiX !!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Martinjv71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

WillTheGreat
Old
Thanks Meter 12
You make it seem like a 12k bounty is a ton of money for someone who has to put in hundreds of hours of effort to look for an exploit. You have to realize the people capable of doing this probably isn't sitting at home without other sources of income most likely exceeding the dollar per hour gain from the bounty searching for an exploit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WillTheGreat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

davidstre
Old
Thanks Meter 134
I get that you are just venting but this doesn't contribute much. Yeah, it is their plan. Once rooting was deemed legal by the FCC they knew they would have to make it much harder to achieve root. The phone has been out for what a month? Most of the devs on here have families and jobs. This is what they do in their spare time. If this phone can't be rooted I won't buy it and I'd advise anyone else to do the same. If enthusiastic users like all of us don't buy unrootable devices maybe it will send a message. Probably not, but maybe.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
VZW: Theres a map for that.

Martinjv71
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillTheGreat View Post
You make it seem like a 12k bounty is a ton of money for someone who has to put in hundreds of hours of effort to look for an exploit. You have to realize the people capable of doing this probably isn't sitting at home without other sources of income most likely exceeding the dollar per hour gain from the bounty searching for an exploit.
Ok....if they dedicate 1 month..it's 12k.. the ratio to a year would be 144k...if you make that then great but 80% of America doesnt. I get your point they have other careers and family..I'm just saying..most every other phone has been rooted. All other variety of the S5 even before they got released except Verizon and att werent. I get your point. Just saying.

Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T

Rocking ViSiX !!!!!!!!

Dennisg34
Old
Thanks Meter 300

DONATE TO ME
I think a bigger issue is everyone whining and complaining about this whole root problem and the devs who work on stuff like this are not really giving a rat's a$$ as much because they're not getting respect and being pressured too much by these whiners.

We all just need to wait patiently and respectfully. People ARE working on this, they just aren't giving updates because if they give the tiniest of updates, again, the whiners and other people are going to be then asking a million more questions about their new find.

Yeah, 12k is a lot, but as stated above, this is dev's hobbies, not their job, and with how rooting is becoming more difficult, a lot of them don't think it's worth the time, hassle and effort just to be treated like crap by the people on here who have done nothing but constantly ask for updates while not contributing. And besides, the bounty is just a verbal agreement. They'll be lucky that 75%+ will even fully pay out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 ROOTED
ROM: Wizzle ROM
KERNEL:Stock
RECOVERY:SafeStrap 3.75

Galaxy S4
ROM: Eclipse ROM
KERNEL: KToonez
RECOVERY: TWRP 2.5

Before asking a question, use this:

The Following User Says Thank You to Dennisg34 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elliwigy
Old
Thanks Meter 660
another pointless posting lol. stop trolling the forums. of course they dont want us rooting our phone and of course there are ppl working on it.. not everyone cares about money n last i checked the bounty was up to 15k not 12k.. just wait like everyone else and see what happens.. we will get root eventually im sure but might not be tomorrow lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

garwynn
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7401

DONATE TO ME
Obviously the time out on the bounty thread isn't being understood.
Guys, take a break on the topic for a bit. I'm locking this thread as well.
Contact: Twitter || Google+/Hangouts (Non-Moderator issues only please)
Useful Links: Forum Moderator List || Forum Rules

Please continue to thank and support those who bring these great things to our devices!
(That includes RTs, RCs, RDs/SRDs, FMs/SFMs and the people who maintain the site.)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to garwynn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe