Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 52,131 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Removing Cyanogenmod 10.3 from Nook HD+?

Tip us?

Antshill
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Removing Cyanogenmod 10.3 from Nook HD+?

Hey guys,

My Nook had charging issues that has made my Nook go haywire. I am going to RMAing my Nook so I need to return it back to stock before I send it back in. The bad news is - I cannot find the original microSD that I did the back up on! UGH!

I now have the new replacement Nook and my old Nook. Is there a way I can do this? I can run out and purchase a new microSD but I cant seem to find anything regarding going back to stock. I did find: forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/52331-removing-cyanogen-from-nook-color/ but I am not sure whether this will work for me.

Any help would be fantastic!

Thanks!

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,624

DONATE TO ME
You may not need an SD. Boot to internal recovery to see what is there. You can either do it with the CM reboot menu or use the key combo. Hold power and n while booting for a few seconds. Release power before it turns itself off followed by releasing n. It should boot to recovery.

If it boots to stock recovery it is easy to get stock back. Just interrupt the boot 8 times in a row by powering off before boot completes. It should then reset to stock.

If it boots to CWM then go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and download the plain stock zip from item 6. Flash that followed by a factory reset.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here

Antshill
Old
(Last edited by Antshill; 18th May 2014 at 12:22 AM.) Reason: update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
You may not need an SD. Boot to internal recovery to see what is there. You can either do it with the CM reboot menu or use the key combo. Hold power and n while booting for a few seconds. Release power before it turns itself off followed by releasing n. It should boot to recovery.

If it boots to stock recovery it is easy to get stock back. Just interrupt the boot 8 times in a row by powering off before boot completes. It should then reset to stock.

If it boots to CWM then go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and download the plain stock zip from item 6. Flash that followed by a factory reset.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
Thanks so much Leapinlar! I was about to run through your CWM for dummies process to backup my replacement nook to restore to my old one! I just ran out to BestBuy to get another microSD to take of this!

So hopefully this all works well.

Thank you sir!

[EDIT]Thanks for the link to your stock ROM. It worked like a charm and now the unit is ready to go back![/EDIT]

Korgy
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antshill View Post
Thanks so much Leapinlar! I was about to run through your CWM for dummies process to backup my replacement nook to restore to my old one! I just ran out to BestBuy to get another microSD to take of this!

So hopefully this all works well.

Thank you sir!

[EDIT]Thanks for the link to your stock ROM. It worked like a charm and now the unit is ready to go back![/EDIT]
Yeah microSD cards are cheap these days and they are so handy when flashing roms. I highly recommend keeping one around for any troubleshooting.