Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 47,073 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Find out original carrier?

Tip us?

NexusChrist
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Find out original carrier?

I have a Moto G, and I just ordered an unlock code from CellUnlocker.net for it ... but they haven't been able to get me a code.

I believe the original carrier was either Bell, or Virgin, because it works with both of these carriers and no others.

Is there a definitive way of finding out who the original carrier is? There are no indications on the box, and it's using the stock US-en Retail firmware.

Thanks!

vitokes
Old
Thanks Meter 29
What moto g is it? Xt?

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Darkshado
Old
Thanks Meter 428

DONATE TO ME
I took a picture of the Moto G's box label for insurance purposes and can tell you where to look.

Mine came from Koodo, a Telus subsidiary, which also sells the 8GB XT1032 like Bell and VMC do. Also worth mentioning, Wind and Videotron sell the 16GB XT1034.

00314NATLS is the one way to tell it came from either Telus or Koodo. I expect Bell and VMC to have another code accordingly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Moto_G_label.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	243.5 KB
ID:	2750973  
My phones: Galaxy Note II SGH-T889V (with LTE enabled / ext4 SD card support on TouchWiz ROMs), Motorola XT-1045 Moto G LTE (TWRP)
Previous phones: Nexus S GT-I9020A, Galaxy Gio GT-S5660M (Arpeggiomod ROM / Discussion, stock rooted ROM), Motorola XT-1032 Moto G.
Phones for which I play "tech support" for family and friends: Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250, Galaxy Q SGH-T589R, Galaxy 551 GT-I5510M, LG C-800G Eclypse, Motorola XT-1032 Moto G