Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 49,497 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with bricked g2

Tip us?

richardm0806
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help with bricked g2

I'm sorry if there is a post for this already, I have been using this website for a while and until now never had to post because all my questions were answered. This time I am not able to find an answer or even a thread with the same circumstances as mine. I rooted and installed a custom rom but didn't like it. I tried going back to stock but accidentally wiped the phone so the backups and the roms were gone. I had TWRP installed but it wouldn't allow me to sideload via adb and when I tried to enter download mode, it would enter it but go to a screen that just said firmware update and stayed stuck on there. So I went out and bought a OTG usb cable to read the rom off a flash drive and I installed it but now instead of going to recovery it goes to a black screen that just says fastboot mode udc start. Download mode still does the same firmware update screen. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

spinninbsod
Old
Thanks Meter 61
What rom did you try to install what software version were you on

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

richardm0806
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinninbsod View Post
What rom did you try to install what software version were you on

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
I'm on the latest software and I tried to put the newest stock I could find but honestly I might've made a mistake since my PC is loaded with different roms and files from all kinds of phones and software versions.

smallyetzon
Old
Thanks Meter 43
same problem here,,, i was going to open a thread but i jumped on this one. Let me explain what i did,
i was running ls980 zv8 clodyflex 1.4 jellybean and i went to recovery TWRP wiped everything exept internal storage flashed kk baseband and ZVA radio then flashed cloudyflex 2.2 and rebooted and phone went to the same screen as the owner of this thread: fastboot mode udc start and i cant get in to recovery to restore my backup. Ive tried lg tools method to flash a tot firmware but even having all drivers it doesnt happend, i tried fastboot method with command prompt to flash recovery twrp again and no luck either, i ran out of options here but there is gotta be a solution for this PLEASE HEEELP!

amcferrin90
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallyetzon View Post
same problem here,,, i was going to open a thread but i jumped on this one. Let me explain what i did,
i was running ls980 zv8 clodyflex 1.4 jellybean and i went to recovery TWRP wiped everything exept internal storage flashed kk baseband and ZVA radio then flashed cloudyflex 2.2 and rebooted and phone went to the same screen as the owner of this thread: fastboot mode udc start and i cant get in to recovery to restore my backup. Ive tried lg tools method to flash a tot firmware but even having all drivers it doesnt happend, i tried fastboot method with command prompt to flash recovery twrp again and no luck either, i ran out of options here but there is gotta be a solution for this PLEASE HEEELP!
I just saw this. I have done the same thing. But I have been able to recover with TOT file. The trick to enter download mode is to hold the volume up button when you power on the phone. If you can get the phone to stay off, then hold volume up, while holding vol up plug in your data cable. You should get DL mode. If you do this while the LG Flash Tool is open, then go to control panel and find the COM port for the LG phone, open properties and advanced, change the COM port to COM41. Once that is done, also once the flash tool files are loaded and the COM41 box says ready, unplug your phone then replug your phone. You may have to also hold volume down here, I can't remember. But the first time is to let the drivers configure. The second time lets the flash tool see the COM port and it should start flashing. It will get around 80% and reboot. The flash is done and the tool will eventually report an error.

I installed the KK baseband as instructed, even also came from the stock ZVC update, rooted via IORoot25. It's a shame as I've heard great things about this ROM.

Hope that helps.

Compass Linux
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Default [FIX] NO Recovery mode, No download mode, after OTA on rooted LG G2

I know you guys didn't brick doing the OTA, but it might help: [FIX] NO Recovery mode, No download mode, after OTA on rooted LG G2

I was in the IRC channel when it happened, hehehe...

Good luck!

Compass.
Click to show content!

Slackware64 14.1
Linux compass 3.10.17 #2 SMP Fri Feb 14 16:45:28 CST 2014 x86_64 AMD A10-5800K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
Devices: Motorola F3 + Nokia E51 + Motorola Defy (MB525) + LG G2 (D805)
The smarter these phones are, the more worried I become