Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,879 Members 49,967 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to Disable Camera Shutter Sound

Tip us?

prabhatnath
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Info 2 How to Disable Camera Shutter Sound

Hello,

I am a new user of Galaxy S4 with Android 4.4.2 (first time Android user) and the device is NOT rooted. How can I disable the camera shutter sound?

Thanks.
Please visit my new Profile ID @ http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=609511

htr5
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhatnath View Post
Hello,

I am a new user of Galaxy S4 with Android 4.4.2 (first time Android user) and the device is NOT rooted. How can I disable the camera shutter sound?

Thanks.

You will have to be rooted. Once rooted, there are many methods:

The best method would probably not be the quickest or worth it if you just want to disable a shutter sound. Look up how to root. Once rooted, look up what Xposed is and install that. Then install Wanam for your device and then one of the settings allows you to disable the shutter sound.

Alternative methods include deleting the camera shutter sound or installing a modded camera app that doesn't have a shutter sound. All methods do require root.

If you're not ready for the rooting business, just cover up the speaker with a finger and that can make a huge impact on the volume. It's especially easier if you have a case.
The Following User Says Thank You to htr5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dorian2kx
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Or u can just put ur phone on silent then take ur photo, after finished just switch silent mode off
The Following User Says Thank You to dorian2kx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

htr5
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorian2kx View Post
Or u can just put ur phone on silent then take ur photo, after finished just switch silent mode off

It doesn't work in some countries as it would allow people to take creep shots. Such as in Japan and South Korea. In fact the laws go as far as to say that the shutter sound must be at least 64 decibels.
The Following User Says Thank You to htr5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
shutter sound