Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,557 Members 52,885 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] is possible CWM in MediaTek MT6575

Tip us?

Dante1475
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] is possible CWM in MediaTek MT6575

Hello everyone, a few day I rooted my Mediatek MT6575 using "SRSRoot for Android" with a great result, but after that, I searching for a CWM Recovery for this model of phablet (because is a hybrid between phone and tablet). Reading other forum I found this forums and some threats about root, backup and how to install a CWM in MTK devices using a program called MTK Droid Root and Tools. But in those threats talk about some things I don't understood, like ubifs file system and root shell.

This are some caps I made and the log file.

I hope someone can help me about this, and maybe tell me if I can make a CWM in my device.

Sorry for my Englis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cap2.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	2728330   Click image for larger version

Name:	cap3.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	2728331   Click image for larger version

Name:	cap5.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	2728332  
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (52.3 KB, 1 views)

Dante1475
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I answer myself, it's possible CWM with MTKDroid Tools, because my device is ext4, searching I found other tools and commands to know what kind of format is using in my device, the first method is through the ADB terminal input the line command "adb shell mount" and show the type of format.

I made a backup of my recovery with Rashr and check the debbugin usb option, after that I try two programs.

1.- Easy Magic CWM: I made a test with this program, itīs very simple and fast, you have two ways to make a custom recovery, manual and automatic, for beginners is neccesary the automatic method, just only follow the instructions, when finnish the program, the device just reboot in the new touch recovery.

This program have two version, one for ext4 and other for ubifs system files. In case of the device are unsupported the program shows a error screen.

Note: In some devices the recovery have image problems, freeze moments, delay responses and other strange cases like return to recovery stock.

2.- MTKDroid Tools: I follow the instructions of the tutorial allow in this forum.

Sorry for my English.