OP Iby Khan

17th May 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
hi,..

I have an HTC Desire S,and like everyone else I want to upgrade from GB (2.3.5) to ICS (4.0) I downloaded the RUU from here:htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads and I downloaded the WWE one (404mb).

Now I have installed the latest HTC Sync and I got the RUU setup to start and proceed until it gets to the point where it say "sending..." and this process takes forever without changing,the message says at the bottom "Remember,the operation will take about 10 minutes.".

any ideas why it is not completing the setup and stuck at sending,.... ?

help is much appreciated.
17th May 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 586

3,084 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby Khan

hi,..

I have an HTC Desire S,and like everyone else I want to upgrade from GB (2.3.5) to ICS (4.0) I downloaded the RUU from here:htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads and I downloaded the WWE one (404mb).

Now I have installed the latest HTC Sync and I got the RUU setup to start and proceed until it gets to the point where it say "sending..." and this process takes forever without changing,the message says at the bottom "Remember,the operation will take about 10 minutes.".

any ideas why it is not completing the setup and stuck at sending,.... ?

help is much appreciated.

Do you have the correct fastboot drivers? You can check in your Device Manager to make sure there are no errors there. Also, have you relocked the bootloader? This step is important for most HTC phones for the RUU to run correctly. A possible easier method would be just to download this: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-TZ...BoRGFOTGc/edit and put it on your external storage without changing the name and then reboot to the bootloader screen and if everything is working right, it should pick up the file and start checking it to make sure everything is in place and then will prompt you to update or cancel. Just let it do it's thing. Alternatively, there is also a way to pick the rom.zip that the RUU extracts when it is preparing itself on your PC from a hidden folder and copy that to a normal folder and run some commands to install from there, but let's check the other methods first...
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 03:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
one more confusen
Thanks for guide! Remember my bootloader is unlocked, hboot version is 2.00.002 and s-on,

Can i install updates on this by ruu?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread