Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 41,409 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How good is sigen glass screen protector?

Tip us?

thotwielder
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I got the tech armor one and very happy. See my review.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00I...AC_SX110_SY165

justanotherasian
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo jjjang View Post
biggest advice though: go to the bathroom, steam it up (not too much)! that alone helps with the dusty environment, i thought that was very very good advice.
How does steaming help remove dust? And wouldn't it make the screen like moist-ish?

indocus
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I got the ultra thin .2 mm
it went on nice and had a really nice feel
but sadly after 1 day and 1 drop the sigen glass shattered

i guess it did its job but a single 2 foot drop while getting out a car
i would of hoped it would of took a little more than that
i also blame the thin lipped rim of my case its a very thin profile case and with the thickness of the glass and the low profile made for a bad
match my case has a 1.0 mm lip and with .2mm thickness on the glass means i had a .8mm clearance from the screen and the ground so any
falls that puts the phone screen side down is disastrous
I still may get a replacement when i can afford it and a case with a higher lip

Kid Poker
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherasian View Post
How does steaming help remove dust? And wouldn't it make the screen like moist-ish?
When you are in steamed room, i.e. bathroom with hot water running, the dust wouldn't stick to the screen, thus helping the installation easier w/o anything on the screen.

STOCK 16gb Samsung Galaxy S4 Black Mist
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kid Poker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

epsilon022
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
The humidity in the air weighs down the dust particles, which decreases the chance that specs of dust will collect on the screen between the time that you clean it and the time that you apply the screen protector, even if it's only a few seconds. I ordered the GLAS.tR NANO SLIM (0.23mm) and applied it last night in the bathroom after showering and there is not a single spec of dust under the glass. So far I am quite happy with it. Can't even tell it's there aside from the cut-out around the ear speaker and it feels great to the touch, far better than any other vinyl or plastic protector.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epsilon022 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

justanotherasian
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon022 View Post
The humidity in the air weighs down the dust particles, which decreases the chance that specs of dust will collect on the screen between the time that you clean it and the time that you apply the screen protector, even if it's only a few seconds. I ordered the GLAS.tR NANO SLIM (0.23mm) and applied it last night in the bathroom after showering and there is not a single spec of dust under the glass. So far I am quite happy with it. Can't even tell it's there aside from the cut-out around the ear speaker and it feels great to the touch, far better than any other vinyl or plastic protector.
Ah nice. And yeah, that makes sense. At first I read you say I applied it while showering and I was like woah

epsilon022
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Ah nice. And yeah, that makes sense. At first I read you say I applied it while showering and I was like woah
Hahaha, that would be putting that IP67 to use!

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

chinaman_chong
Old
Thanks Meter 0
previously, I had a one x, so I know how strong the gorilla glass was, and didnt like the hassle of screen protectors, except for how easy and smoothly my fingers would slide on the matte screen covers.

buying the s5, I didnt think I was gonna use any screen protectors. but my brother showed me his spigen glass protector and I was instantly sold.

not because of the scratch protection, but because of the oleophobic coating. this coating makes the screen so much easier to use and slide around on. the stock screen also doesnt work well in a humid place with moisture, like a steamy showered room. the gorilla glass becomes all tacky and hardy to use wih moist or damp fingers.
the spigen screen protector makes it easy to slide around on, and the water on the screen doesnt give false readings to the digitzer like the stock glass does.

the other thing I like a lot about this is that with the cover on, the exposed home button is now flush with the screen, it just feels more comfortable and "normal", especially if you utilize the finger print scanner. I bought the .2mm version.

my brother has the .23mm version, im not sure how the s4 varies in physical specs, but my brother noticed immediately that my screen glass was thinner than his. he also has a little gel sticker insert to raise up his home button to be used with his cover. he opted for the slightly thicker glass for durability purposes.

I am content with having the the thinnest cover because I dont anticipate dropping my phone much, and I already have a sturdy enough case on.

I dont know about other brands, but I am perfectly content and very happy with my purchase. 10/10 on the reccomendations factor.
I like to modify my body, my car, and now my phone

justanotherasian
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon022 View Post
Hahaha, that would be putting that IP67 to use!

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
Yeah forreal LOL

Personally, even though I know it's ok, but I get really uncomfortable with phones and water next to each other haha