Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 49,188 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which of the following recovery you use the most? (Multiple options supported)
Clockworkmod (CWM) Recovery 4 30.77%
PhilZ-Touch Recovery 5 38.46%
TWRP Recovery 6 46.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

[POLL] CWM v/s PhilZ-Touch v/s TWRP

Tip us?

Bhargav97
Old
(Last edited by Bhargav97; 16th April 2014 at 12:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Database [POLL] CWM v/s PhilZ-Touch v/s TWRP

Hello folks,

Since a long time now...we all are using mostly these three recoveries:

1)Clockworkmod(CWM) Recovery (by @Koush)
2)PhilZ-Touch Recovery (by @Phil3759)
3)TWRP Recovery (by TeamWin)

...for getting our ROM flashing and other jobs done.

This thread is meant to compare these three recoveries in terms of it's global usage. It's just like a survey.

So...everybody is requested to vote on the poll for their most used recovery. Thanks

Just a few words before you vote:

You are welcomed to post the reason for liking and using the recovery you voted for. But please don't post something like: "I have only Advanced version (without any GUI and Touch) of PhilZ-Touch Recovery for my device, so I like TWRP", "Touch doesn't work in my TWRP, so I like CWM", "I have the latest version of CWM but not of PhilZ-Touch Recovery for my device, So I vote for CWM". These reasons are because your device is not officially supported by the developer of the recovery. Vote here only if you are using/used the officially supported build of the recovery.

Recovery is a choice. So, everybody is gonna like different recovery for their different aspects/advantages. Just vote on the Poll and leave a post so that we can know that which of these recoveries are mostly used by users and why. Multiple options are enabled in the poll but please try to vote in only one option...for the recovery you use the most.

Please NOTE: This thread is no way meant to insult any of the developer(s) of above recoveries. This thread is just to know the popularity of these recoveries among the users...can be rather called a 'survey'.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bhargav97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shoey63
Old
(Last edited by shoey63; 16th April 2014 at 02:18 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1300
Vanilla CWM is no match for Philz Advanced edition - way more features and fast backup speed if exfat modules have been incorporated. TWRP comes a close second with its file manager and terminal, and is also very quick
The Following User Says Thank You to shoey63 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bhargav97
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoey63 View Post
Vanilla CWM is no match for Philz Advanced edition - way more features and fast backup speed if exfat modules have been incorporated. TWRP comes a close second with its file manager and terminal, and is also very quick
I respect your opinion.

But, Are you sure? I hope Vanilla=Stock.
Can you just tell me a feature that's more in vanilla cwm (than philz-touch)?

I do agree that it's code is very neat (really) and the UI is simple...but when it comes to features...TWRP and PhilZ-Touch wins (Acc. to me).

However, cwm has started addition of new features like- Swipe-Touch, Menu color's changing, etc nowadays.

shoey63
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1300
Vanilla (stock) Cwm is no match for Philz = Philz is waaay superior :thumbup: Sorry if my post was confusing to you

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to shoey63 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PlayfulGod
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2683

DONATE TO ME
I wouldnt say either is superior to the other. They all have their own lil niches and ppl like each for whatever reason.

They are all good recoveries and choice is good.

Personal device(s): LG G Flex

Projects: LG Flex CM11, LG Motion CM10, LG Spirit CM10, LG Optimus F3 MS659

My sites: PlayfulDroidz Wiki & Unleashed PrePaids

Bhargav97
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
I wouldnt say either is superior to the other. They all have their own lil niches and ppl like each for whatever reason.

They are all good recoveries and choice is good.
Ofcourse, that's what I said in first post.
My works and projects? See:
My Thread Index

IRC Freenode Channel for PhilZ-Touch Recovery : #PhilZ-Touch

agismaniax
Old
Thanks Meter 38
My personal rank:
1. PhilZ Touch
2. TWRP
3. Carliv Touch
4. CWM

I'm using MTK6589.

DEVICE: Polytron W8470 (rooted with Framaroot) | RECOVERY: PhilZ Touch 6 Recovery
ROM: Stock ROM | MOD/SCRIPT: Xposed Framework + GravityBox + ViPER4Android + Seeder
---
DEVICE: HTC Desire CDMA (S-OFF with Revolutionary) | RECOVERY: 4EXT Recovery Touch 1.0.0.5 RC9
ROM: CM7 Nightly | HBOOT: CustomMTD CM7r2 | MOD/SCRIPT: Link2SD

Tags
cwm vs philz-touch, cwm vs philz-touch vs twrp, cwm vs twrp, twrp vs philz-touch