Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,334 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dot View - warning, bt voice dialing broken

Tip us?
 
nabbed
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 1,509
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default Dot View - warning, bt voice dialing broken

Dot View - warning, bt voice dialing broken.
It just cancels listening as soon as it hears "call."
Taking the case off fixes the problem. Opening the case fixes the problem.
 
Tom Fagerland
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 216
Join Date: Dec 2011
That makes no sense... Can someone verify this problem?
 
brnail
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 142
Join Date: Oct 2007
It is not true on my phone. It works with the case. I am running rooted stock rom.
 
jags_the1
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 214
Posts: 1,266
Join Date: Aug 2010
it works here aswell.. love the case. no isues whatsoever.
HTC One
 
nabbed
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 1,509
Join Date: Aug 2010
Doesn't work on mine.
Clearly we use different settings or apps.
I'm not making this up.
 
faded03cobra
Old
#6  
faded03cobra's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 195
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabbed View Post
Doesn't work on mine.
Clearly we use different settings or apps.
I'm not making this up.
This happened to me as well. If I reset the phone it would fix it temporaly.
 
chupark
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Nov 2006
Default Problem solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabbed View Post
Dot View - warning, bt voice dialing broken.
It just cancels listening as soon as it hears "call."
Taking the case off fixes the problem. Opening the case fixes the problem.
Make sure Animator duration scale is turned on. The voice dialer will work fine with the Dot View case.
 
nabbed
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Posts: 1,509
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chupark View Post
Make sure Animator duration scale is turned on. The voice dialer will work fine with the Dot View case.
I'm sorry, what is Animator duration scale, and where do you turn it on?
 
chupark
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabbed View Post
I'm sorry, what is Animator duration scale, and where do you turn it on?
Go to Settings then Developer Options. Scroll down to Advanced. Under Animation, be sure Animator duration scale is not off. I use .5x and voice dialer works great.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slide Dial Replacement Dialer Lets You Make Calls from Anywhere

If you frequently make phone calls, your dialer (aka phone app)is one of the … more

Navigate with Your Samsung Gear 2 Using DMA Navi Watch

Whether you’re travelling to a new destination or exploring some previously … more

Xperia Z1 Stereo Speaker Mod, Cell Phone Unlocking Legal Again! – XDA Developer TV

Cell Phone Unlocking is legal again!! That and much … more