Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,686 Members 37,568 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] can't write to the external sd card (Aosp)

Tip us?
 
foszuled
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 28
Join Date: Apr 2011
Default [Q] can't write to the external sd card (Aosp)

I don't know what the prob is but I was able to write to my sd card this happened like a week ago I was on a 4.4.2 two rom and had no issues with it then I went to an aosp room still no issues then I flashed another aosp rom and that's when I noticed the problem I can read the sd card I can even copy stuff from my external sd card to my internal one no prob but when I try to copy something from my internal to external I get an error message saying read only file system I tried those sdfix apps I tried a couple of them and they all say I'm good I have permissions to write on the sd card but I still can't. Has anyone had this prob or can point me in the right direction any help will be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-18-12-51-16.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	2750769  
 
serio22
Old
#2  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 651
Posts: 2,054
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by foszuled View Post
I don't know what the prob is but I was able to write to my sd card this happened like a week ago I was on a 4.4.2 two rom and had no issues with it then I went to an aosp room still no issues then I flashed another aosp rom and that's when I noticed the problem I can read the sd card I can even copy stuff from my external sd card to my internal one no prob but when I try to copy something from my internal to external I get an error message saying read only file system I tried those sdfix apps I tried a couple of them and they all say I'm good I have permissions to write on the sd card but I still can't. Has anyone had this prob or can point me in the right direction any help will be appreciated.
Search and you will find the answer

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
 
foszuled
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 28
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
Search and you will find the answer

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
I did search allot of them said use the sdfix apps which does nothing for me and I found one post that had a temp fix but I couldn't even get it to work using that method.. or maybe I just over looked the answer..
 
serio22
Old
#4  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 651
Posts: 2,054
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston
This http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2691935

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
 
foszuled
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 28
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
This http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2691935

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the effort but the whole permission thing isn't my problem I tried it anyway and still no luck I'm gonna try to change roms to one I know the sd card was working and see if that helps
 
serio22
Old
#6  
serio22's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 651
Posts: 2,054
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston
Quote:
Originally Posted by foszuled View Post
Thanks for the effort but the whole permission thing isn't my problem I tried it anyway and still no luck I'm gonna try to change roms to one I know the sd card was working and see if that helps
You could also try formatting the SD card, or try a different one if you have a spare

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
 
foszuled
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 28
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22 View Post
You could also try formatting the SD card, or try a different one if you have a spare

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Yea I think I'm gonna format it I've been doing allot of reading about that f2fs format I'm gonna do my whole phone in that format I think.. I changed roms one two one aosp neither one helped so I'm guessing it's not Rom related I never take my sd card out of my phone I haven't wiped it I just don't get how one day I can write to it and another day I can't..

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Moto G 4G Receives Official CyanogenMod 11 Love

When theMoto Gwas initially released to the world in November of last year,very few actually … more

Get Your Tasks Organized on Android Wear with Agenda Wear

Having a checklist of things you need to do is something we all can find useful at … more

Top 5 LG G3 MODs – XDA Developer TV

The LG G3 has been LG’s breakout hit of the summer. Using their knowledge frombuilding some … more

Make Your Calendar Widget Beautiful with Month

For some of us, summer vacation is alreadyover. For those getting ready to school, work, or … more