Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 52,403 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New FW and gear manager New issue

Tip us?

Builtfordtough1
Old
(Last edited by Builtfordtough1; 16th May 2014 at 04:30 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default New FW and gear manager New issue

I just did the new FW update and the new gear manager update. Now at what appears to be random time when I unlock my phone it goes directly to my contacts then contacts crashes. I uninstalled gear manger and it never happened as soon as I re-installed it it started again. My phone in a stock rooted note 3. Anyone else seen this issue?

JimSmith94
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Builtfordtough1 View Post
I just did the new FW update and the new gear manager update. Now at what appears to be random time when I unlock my phone it goes directly to my contacts then contacts crashes. I uninstalled gear manger and it never happened as soon as I re-installed it it started again. My phone in a stock rooted note 3. Anyone else seen this issue?
I am rooted and running Freeza's fre3 ROM. I started getting this when I first got my Gear 2 but that was with the original firmware and gear manager. I posted about it in the Sprint Note 3 section but nobody answered. I haven't seen it for a few days so hopefully yours will go away too. I got the new gear manager yesterday but still don't have the firmware update and I still haven't seen the contacts issue again.

dominoid
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Try going into notifications in great manager and turning off smart relay. That solved it for me

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

robber
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I am opening up to ICE contacts add screen since installation of the new gear manager.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Complete Smartphone History: Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, Sony T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G, EVO 3D, Epic Touch, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy Note 2, Nexus 5, Galaxy Note 3.

I-TensE-I
Old
Thanks Meter 1
My issue is that my gear keeps disconnecting constantly at random saying Disconnected because out of range when the phone is in my pocket. Also with the new update in notifications the apps I used dissapeared. Now its just the stock phone, msgs, s calendar. I use chomp SMS for txt and now it,s not there anymore either. Seems like Samsung just keeps ruining things with every update

hughedee74
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I thought I was the only person with the contacts and phone logs popping up as well. It happened after the gear update. However I didn't put 2 and 2 together at the time. I believe I fixed it so far by uninstalling the contacts and phone app through titanium backup.