Ask a question

No registration required

KitKat update - immersive mode? - other issues

OP LoeCraw

19th May 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
So, I just did the KitKat update. Seems to be a little snappier, but nothing special. Wish I would've stayed on jellybean to be honest.

1. My primary issue is that I'm trying to figure out how to enable "Immersive mode". Do I need a special launcher? I tried sideloading the google now launcher but the the black task bar/status bar stays put (if that makes sense).

My goal would be to "enable" immersive mode, but keep the moto circle widgets as the well as the quick settings menu, but I'm okay losing it if necessary. Also, I would like to have "okay google" homescreen to work.

Thanks for any guidance on these issues. Would rather not root, or load a custom ROM if necessary. Thanks!

---

BTW, here are some other issues if you all know a fix...

2. Is there a way to change the lock screen/PIN screen to the way it was. The number pad is smaller now with KitKat
3. Is there a "dark theme" to the gmail app.
19th May 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #2  
Flag Santo Domingo
Thanks Meter: 32

155 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoeCraw

So, I just did the KitKat update. Seems to be a little snappier, but nothing special. Wish I would've stayed on jellybean to be honest.

1. My primary issue is that I'm trying to figure out how to enable "Immersive mode". Do I need a special launcher? I tried sideloading the google now launcher but the the black task bar/status bar stays put (if that makes sense).

My goal would be to "enable" immersive mode, but keep the moto circle widgets as the well as the quick settings menu, but I'm okay losing it if necessary. Also, I would like to have "okay google" homescreen to work.

Thanks for any guidance on these issues. Would rather not root, or load a custom ROM if necessary. Thanks!

---

BTW, here are some other issues if you all know a fix...

2. Is there a way to change the lock screen/PIN screen to the way it was. The number pad is smaller now with KitKat
3. Is there a "dark theme" to the gmail app.

Regarding the immersive mode when you are in a full screen game or any given app, if you try to pull down the status bar, you can now, thanks to the immersive mode.
19th May 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by triloger

Regarding the immersive mode when you are in a full screen game or any given app, if you try to pull down the status bar, you can now, thanks to the immersive mode.

Thanks triloger. I feel like an idiot, I mixed up "immersive mode" with what should have been "transparent notification bar/navigation buttons". Sorry for the confusion.

Unfortunately, I had to download a different launcher but I was able to get the transparency working.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread