Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,772 Members 52,055 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing/ROM Question

Tip us?

Shannon5150
Old
(Last edited by Shannon5150; 19th May 2014 at 05:41 AM.) Reason: Fixing title
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Flashing/ROM Question

Hi all,
Long time reader of the forums here since I had one of those old and clunky Windows PDA's. I used to mod the PDA's and older Win mobile 5 and 6 phones. I'm on my 2nd Android, the Skyrocket and have had it for abover 2 years now. So far it's the best phone I ever had. I had to start a new account cuz I couldnt remember my username. Yeah I'm getting old...

Anyway, I have had a battery issue since doing the very first OTA update. I have checked everything using multiple guides including the ones here. Either I have a bad battery or a signal issue. When sleeping for 8 hours I lose about 10%. I had the SD card issue and the Play/location services issues but fixed those, I also fixed all wakelocks and it goes into deep sleep. When in the house my signal bar under battery in settings is all grey unless I go outside then it's green. I really dont do all this modding anymore so I never flashed a rom on it. I did just flash my Transformer TF300T (usinf CROMI-X 5.4) tho so I am familiar with the process. So I figured I woulkd flash a new ROM and/or a radio onto the i727. I have been reading all day about flashing the rom and reading about the various roms availabe. most, if not all seem to be AOSP based and in beta. Also they state in the post they require CWM abd not TWRP. I'm looking NOT to do daily or weekly uodates.

I'm looking for:
- stock based ROM that's stable
- no bloat from AT&T or Samsung
- preferably without Touchwiz
- extra modifications are okay (I love extra goodies as long as their useful)
- able to use TWRP 2.7.0.0 as that's what I'm using now (I read TWRP is easier to use and that's what I want)
Android verion 4.1.2 or later

Basically I want to do a Nandroid, do a Ti Backup and backup all my files then flash the rom and restore my crap and that's all. No upodates, nightlies or anything else. Finding a stable stock based ROM was easy on my Asus but can't seem to find much of anything for my phone. I've been looking and reading all day and I have eye issues so now have a migraine. I would appreciate some info from all you flashers out there. If anyone could recommend several rOM's for me, with links, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Shannon

vincom
Old
(Last edited by vincom; 19th May 2014 at 07:00 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3306

DONATE TO ME
lol, if you did actually search and read you would know not ask such a question, read about the roms and decide on ur own, for the skyrocket its fairly easy, read then try them out and see if its what u want
start reading the 1stop sticky, link in my sig, everything u need is there

Hit The Thanks Button If Ive Helped

MY SUPERLITE ROMS
CM10.1 & CM10.2
AOKP JB4.3
SL-PAC-Man JB 4.3
CM10 JB 4.1.2
ATT JB 4.1.2
ROGERS JB 4.1.2
MY STICKIES
1 STOP > ROMS | KERNELS | FIRMWARE | RADIOS | RECOVERIES | GUIDES | INFO | & MORE
HOWTO > | RESTORE TO STOCK | USE ODIN | INSTALL CWM/TWRP | ROOT |

Newbs B4 you flash
Read more!!
Read the stickies!!! Search!!!
Once you know what you are doing and are stumped at a certain problem, post in the q&a forum
The Following User Says Thank You to vincom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shannon5150
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincom View Post
lol, if you did actually search and read you would know not ask such a question, read about the roms and decide on ur own, for the skyrocket its fairly easy, read then try them out and see if its what u want
start reading the 1stop sticky, link in my sig, everything u need is there
Sounds like your presuming I read nothing. when I did the Transformer it was easy. I found a site with a list of stock roms and a list of AOSP roms. That made it easy to read the ones i wanted to look at. On this site, or any other, I dont see any such organization of the roms. All I would like to know is which are stock ROM based. leaving a reply with a small list would have been appreciated. Then I culd read up on them. I had a bad bought with diabetes and my vision kind of sucks sometimes and I get headaches easily. Reading everything there is to read about all the roms will take me much lonhger than someone else. I know you get the similar questions all the time and you cant answer them over aand over again. I wasn't asking for a 10 page tutorial, just a few names of stock roms for me to read up on.

Thanks anyway,
Shannon

Shannon5150
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I went back and reread the 1stop sticky and say there are 6 stock roms for my phone listed there in a sea of other roms, That small list of roms I didn't notice the first time around. Are there any others besides those?

vincom
Old
(Last edited by vincom; 19th May 2014 at 08:35 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3306

DONATE TO ME
i was referring to this, did u read this in the sticky and also in the forum rules:
"Do Not Ask For A Which Is The "BEST" Rom Or Any Adjective Thereof For A Rom As The Mod Will Close It, Read About Them In The Dev Forum And Decide On Your Own."
why, because it usually/always starts a pissing war

Hit The Thanks Button If Ive Helped

MY SUPERLITE ROMS
CM10.1 & CM10.2
AOKP JB4.3
SL-PAC-Man JB 4.3
CM10 JB 4.1.2
ATT JB 4.1.2
ROGERS JB 4.1.2
MY STICKIES
1 STOP > ROMS | KERNELS | FIRMWARE | RADIOS | RECOVERIES | GUIDES | INFO | & MORE
HOWTO > | RESTORE TO STOCK | USE ODIN | INSTALL CWM/TWRP | ROOT |

Newbs B4 you flash
Read more!!
Read the stickies!!! Search!!!
Once you know what you are doing and are stumped at a certain problem, post in the q&a forum

oka1
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3713

DONATE TO ME
Default From the moderator

The Best Rom is the one you like. Preference for Roms & features is subjective and there is no good answer

Before this becomes a Troll session, I will close

Thanks ~~~ oka1

..............THREAD CLOSED..............

>>>> If I or anyone else helped-you, then •Remember to hit the Thank-You Button• <<<<
The Following User Says Thank You to oka1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe