Access Root Files From Computer

OP paintlax21

18th May 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
New York
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
My galaxy S4 recently suffered from a pressure crack in the LCD. I was wondering if there is a way to access root files in my phone from my PC or MAC. I have a replacement phone coming in the mail tomorrow and would like to rescue my data.
19th May 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 37

363 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintlax21

My galaxy S4 recently suffered from a pressure crack in the LCD. I was wondering if there is a way to access root files in my phone from my PC or MAC. I have a replacement phone coming in the mail tomorrow and would like to rescue my data.

If you have the proper drivers loaded, when you plug it into your PC/MAC, you should be able to drag off the files from the phone. Same thing happened to me, and I was able to rescue files from the internal SD.
19th May 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #3  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 523

465 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintlax21

I also would like to know how to access the ROOT files as well.
19th May 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
New York
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfer66

I also would like to know how to access the ROOT files as well.

I just used Samsung's program "Kies" and I was able to back everything up I needed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread