Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,005 Members 49,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Access Root Files From Computer

Tip us?

paintlax21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Access Root Files From Computer

My galaxy S4 recently suffered from a pressure crack in the LCD. I was wondering if there is a way to access root files in my phone from my PC or MAC. I have a replacement phone coming in the mail tomorrow and would like to rescue my data.

dratsablive
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintlax21 View Post
My galaxy S4 recently suffered from a pressure crack in the LCD. I was wondering if there is a way to access root files in my phone from my PC or MAC. I have a replacement phone coming in the mail tomorrow and would like to rescue my data.
If you have the proper drivers loaded, when you plug it into your PC/MAC, you should be able to drag off the files from the phone. Same thing happened to me, and I was able to rescue files from the internal SD.

dwarfer66
Old
Thanks Meter 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintlax21 View Post
I also would like to know how to access the ROOT files as well.

paintlax21
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfer66 View Post
I also would like to know how to access the ROOT files as well.
I just used Samsung's program "Kies" and I was able to back everything up I needed.