No registration required

Amazon Instant Video / DRM Videos

OP HandyBesitzer

18th May 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100

477 posts
Hi,

i wanted to watch Amazon Instant Videos on my Surface RT. But the browser is telling me it's not compatible. And everyone in the Internet (mostly the Amazon site) says that's not possible because there is no silverligth for the Surface RT.

But than i found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFSKoYp__F0

So maybe someone can tell me how it works to whatch the videos on my Surface. I tryed the browser and the app from IE. But both do not work.

I had also a Problem with a digital Copy video i wanted to watch on the Surface. Microsoft told me it should work and i need to reinstall the video app. But it doesn't help..

So i hope someone here on XDA can help me with this problem after you guys solved a lot of problems for my HTC Desire
19th May 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #2  
Flag Center between the cities.
Thanks Meter: 5

12 posts
More
According to the comments on that YouTube video some countries uses Flash instead of Silverlight. That's probably how he does it.
Last edited by Amax; 19th May 2014 at 12:20 AM.
19th May 2014, 06:50 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,782

5,870 posts
More
You might need to use a US-based proxy or VPN so that Amazon thinks you're in the US. It sounds like it uses Flash (rather than Silverlight) here, so that should work... unless the location info is tied to your AMZ account instead, in which case that could be a problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread