Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,865 Members 44,569 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Amazon Instant Video / DRM Videos

Tip us?

HandyBesitzer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 98
Default Amazon Instant Video / DRM Videos

Hi,

i wanted to watch Amazon Instant Videos on my Surface RT. But the browser is telling me it's not compatible. And everyone in the Internet (mostly the Amazon site) says that's not possible because there is no silverligth for the Surface RT.

But than i found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFSKoYp__F0

So maybe someone can tell me how it works to whatch the videos on my Surface. I tryed the browser and the app from IE. But both do not work.

I had also a Problem with a digital Copy video i wanted to watch on the Surface. Microsoft told me it should work and i need to reinstall the video app. But it doesn't help..

So i hope someone here on XDA can help me with this problem after you guys solved a lot of problems for my HTC Desire
A very very special THANKS to Christian.Alliger for donating me a vts license.

Sense 5 Theme for RSK Sattelite
Sense 5 Lockscreen for most Sense 3.5 ROMs

Amax
Old
(Last edited by Amax; 18th May 2014 at 11:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
According to the comments on that YouTube video some countries uses Flash instead of Silverlight. That's probably how he does it.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2641
You might need to use a US-based proxy or VPN so that Amazon thinks you're in the US. It sounds like it uses Flash (rather than Silverlight) here, so that should work... unless the location info is tied to your AMZ account instead, in which case that could be a problem.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.