Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,010 Members 44,761 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Device not found....

Tip us?

nibblemynutz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Device not found....

I've already read the forums in search of a solution, I've uninstalled all htc drivers and reinstalling a single htc one driver. adb push wont work cause it can't find the device... What had happen was, I installed viper one "successfully" and it kept rebooting after starting up, so I went into recovery and wiped everything so it kept bringing me back to bootloader, Now i can't install a rom cause of this "device not found" issue. I hate this so much, it happen before and somehow it randomly worked, but this time it seems like luck isn't on my side... halp.

nkk71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibblemynutz View Post
I've already read the forums in search of a solution, I've uninstalled all htc drivers and reinstalling a single htc one driver. adb push wont work cause it can't find the device... What had happen was, I installed viper one "successfully" and it kept rebooting after starting up, so I went into recovery and wiped everything so it kept bringing me back to bootloader, Now i can't install a rom cause of this "device not found" issue. I hate this so much, it happen before and somehow it randomly worked, but this time it seems like luck isn't on my side... halp.
check FAQ#2 here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...24&postcount=2

nibblemynutz
Old
(Last edited by nibblemynutz; 18th May 2014 at 12:37 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkk71 View Post

Tried that, that's what i meant when i said i uninstalled the driver. and when I plugged it in without a driver it didn't say "one" anything, just unknown device.

As you can see the device is correctly installed. but still can't be found, and it isn't displaying under my computer.

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 1,053

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibblemynutz View Post

Tried that, that's what i meant when i said i uninstalled the driver. and when I plugged it in without a driver it didn't say "one" anything, just unknown device.

As you can see the device is correctly installed. but still can't be found, and it isn't displaying under my computer.
looks like your phone is booted in bootloader, you must be booted in custom recovery to use adb commands. My phone is listed as ''My HTC'' when booted in OS or in bootloader and under ''Android adb interface'' when booted in recovery.
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

horst81
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Cancel pc security and firewall...

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

nibblemynutz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray View Post
looks like your phone is booted in bootloader, you must be booted in custom recovery to use adb commands. My phone is listed as ''My HTC'' when booted in OS or in bootloader and under ''Android adb interface'' when booted in recovery.
Tried it in fastboot/bootloader/ recovery twrp/

device still could not be found.

horst81, I disabled firewall and tried. no good.

Someone should just release an aio for this issue, it seems so easy to solve but then again nothing i've tried seems to be working.

nibblemynutz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Solved!!! I uninstalled the drivers and rebooted then tried everything again. this time I went into recovery mode and it actually worked.

Thanks alray.